It's OK To Not Be OK

I Don't Care What You've Been Told, You Do NOT Have To Be OK All The Time

You are told all of your life that you HAVE to be ok all of the time, and that just isn't true.

1748

How many times in your life have you been told "Oh, suck it up!" or "Put on a happy face?" A lot right? When people say this, you feel as though you have to hide your true feelings and put on a mask, right? That isn't right.

There is this certain stigma in society nowadays where you have to be okay all the time and you have to hide your emotions. That isn't right. People aren't made that way. We are human and humans have emotions and people express and cope with their emotions differently — that's okay. What ISN'T okay is telling someone that they are allowed to feel said emotion.

It isn't ok for someone to tell you that what you're feeling doesn't matter or that you have to "put on a mask" and hide how you're feeling.

We are human and humans have feelings. No matter what you're going through and how you're feeling about it, it is okay. If you're sad and express it by crying — it's okay. A lot of people who especially struggle with different mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD are often the biggest victims of being told to "hide their feelings. I'm here to tell you that it is okay and you are allowed to express your feelings. Things will get better and everything will be alright and if you ever need someone to talk to when you're feeling low, I promise you, there are good people who will listen.