Why It Is Okay To Be Lazy In Quarantine

Why It Is Okay To Be Lazy In Quarantine

Don't let anyone tell you it's not.

24
Why It Is Okay To Be Lazy In Quarantine
Cameron Marr

I am sure you, like me, have seen lots of stuff on social media about trying to stay active. People you know are posting and saying all they have done in their days to not be lazy or ragging on the lazy people. Honestly, I am tired of seeing it. There was so much pressure before the virus to look skinny and be fit; but now? It is much worse. If you aren't posting about the push-up challenge or starting a new diet or learning more recipes, then you are doing nothing of value.

I understand that some people are taking this time to learn new things and start new hobbies. For me, it has been hard. I moved home from college which all in itself was hard. I went from living alone and doing whatever I wanted to moving back into my parent's home and back to their rules. Not only that, but my school was made online, which is terrible. The teachers have been nice, but let me tell ya, it did not get easier - thought that is what everyone thought. It has been a rollercoaster.

Some days I wake up productive. I do my whole skincare routine, and do my hair and makeup and get all my work done for the week to get ahead. Most days, though, I don't even brush my hair and I put off school work until the next day, eating only sweets or junk food. Honestly, I'm okay with that.

This time with being quarantined is unprecedented times for anyone my age. Most of us have not experienced anything like this in our whole lifetime. It's very weird. I love my family, but I think we have all realized that as we have all been stuck in the house together without a way out for over a month, we need a break.

I think it is awesome for the people who can be productive every day and get up and get themselves ready; as well, the people who can work out every day and learn new hobbies. I don't think I will ever be there. I think about it in a sense of if I were to worry all the time about what other people say I should be doing, then I wouldn't be bettering myself. The only way to truly better myself is to do what is good for me in the long run, and that includes rest mentally. Comparing our individual productivity to each other isn't going to better anyone.

We are all beautiful and different, in a beautiful but different way.