It's cuffing season, now what?

It's cuffing season, now what?

Just incase you did not make the draft pick, here's how to capitalize on the season among us

21
It's cuffing season, now what?

It's that time of the season ladies and gentleman, where the leaves are changing colors and falling, the weather is getting drearier, and it is time to "cuff". For those who are not familiar with the term, cuff (v.) - the act of claiming someone as theirs; to date or entertain for a season of time. Cuffing season is among us, and not everyone is on board. So what? What do we do if we are not cuffed? Is it bad that we are not?

The Fall is the perfect time to plan ahead; everyone is winding down for the holidays. This is the perfect time to prepare for the spring and summer months. Spring break will be hear before you know it (better known as the beginning of single season). Where will you and the girls/guys be heading to for a week? Two blinks after spring break is summer break, so what internship will we be at? Fall is the perfect time to get your ducks in a row for those much anticipated breaks ahead.

Cuff yourself to a diet since we are person-less. If you are like me, and cannot commit to a diet past day one, this is the perfect time to make a deal with yourself. In the coming months, we will be teased with an array of food that we have not seen in ages. DO NOT GO OVERBOARD! Remember Spring Break will be here soon! Set a goal for yourself not to overeat. One plate for here, and one plate to go; or, only one desert, not one piece of each desert. Thanksgiving, Halloween, Homecoming, and Christmas are trying times when it comes to diet commitment but we can get through them.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F09%2F29%2F6361072258301829441193518827_quiz_landing_320x240_mutliple-intelligences-01.png%3Fitok%3DLg9rQtLJ&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=67&h=fc19c3e434a9c6bf627a2f780cae217aeb4f3f2122b38712539ac15aaac32cd2&size=980x&c=898204059 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F09%252F29%252F6361072258301829441193518827_quiz_landing_320x240_mutliple-intelligences-01.png%253Fitok%253DLg9rQtLJ%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D67%26h%3Dfc19c3e434a9c6bf627a2f780cae217aeb4f3f2122b38712539ac15aaac32cd2%26size%3D980x%26c%3D898204059%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

Remember, being single is not a bad thing. Around this time we are still learning who we are and where we want to go. Sometimes being in a relationship can be a bit distracting because you are focusing on 'us' over 'I' which can derail a plan that was set before the relationship was formed. Link up with friends, go out and have fun, spend time with family, because we are only young once and once the time is gone it cannot be brought back.

STUDY STUDY STUDY. If you are a book worm like me, you look forward to those dreary days and nights to crack open a book without being tempted or distracted. Fall days make me want to throw on sweats and read my Astronomy book! Take advantage of these 'chill' days to get ahead in class or stay afloat. When midterms and finals roll around you will be more prepared thanks to mother nature and l.E single life.

Please don't get caught in the hype of cuffing season; the idea is cute, but the reality holds more truths. This...relationship will either last and benefit, or just be something for the time being. It is cool to have someone to kick-it with when you want company, but do not get attached if the feelings will not be reciprocated. Not everyone is drafted (yes, like in football), and that is okay. As I tell my friends all the time when things do not work out with guys, it is their loss.

Welcome to Fall, Autumn, Cuffing Season, and/or Planning season; may the time forever be in your favor.