It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

Christmas is absolutely the most wonderful time of the year.

18
Isabella Glover

My whole life, I have always been full of Christmas Spirit. As a child, I would decorate my room for Christmas in July and play Nat King Cole's Christmas album on repeat. I always wanted at least a tiny taste of that beautiful Christmas magic, but I knew it wasn't even remotely real until the weather became colder and the end of the year was approaching. There are some specific things that cannot be recreated any other time of the year that I have always looked forward to with great anticipation.

1. Christmas Lights are EVERYWHERE.

There are so many Christmas lights you could potentially blind yourself. The word is that if you put all of the Christmas lights on earth together, it would be as bright as the sun.

2. The smells of the season are so cozy.

I don't know about you, but there is nothing like dried up oranges and cloves to make me feel absolute comfort.

3. Everyone is actually nice.

I'm not sure if people are really being nice on their own or if I am just so excited that it is Christmas that I can't see past my own joy. Honestly I don't really mind, I'll accept the illusion.

4. Dogs just look cuter at Christmas time.

It could just be that all dogs look good in red and green with lights in the background. Or perhaps it is just the magic of Christmas that seeps into a dog's soul that does the trick?

5. You can force your loved ones to help you decorate the heck out of your house.

If they don't want to help, you can use the excuse of "it is Christmas and if you even care about the birth of Christ or about my own personal happiness, then you will help me." It always does the trick for me.

6. Christmas movies are abundant.

Finally, a time of the year where you can sit down and enjoy an actually decent movie.

7. You can ice skate outdoors.

What could possibly be more romantic than gliding around on ice with your nose freezing off of your face? Nothing, that is the answer.

8. There is a Christmas tree out there awaiting your axe.

A huge portion of the joy of the season is found in hunting down your own perfect Christmas tree.

9. 'Tis the season of giving.

You can subtly let people know if you actually care about them by the present you give them.

10. Christmas treats are the most fun treats to make.

You can bond with your family and friends while making decadent treats that you know will mess with any gains you have made in the gym this year.

11. SNOW.

Snowfall is the most absolute magical and majestic thing on this earth and I will fight you if you disagree.