It’s Been 7 Months since I’ve Had COVID-19, I Am Still Having Symptoms, And I Got The Vaccine Yesterday

It’s Been 7 Months since I’ve Had COVID-19, I Am Still Having Symptoms, And I Got The Vaccine Yesterday

One step closer

25

I had COVID-19 in September of 2020. I didn’t have it terrible mostly just lost my since it smell, and my taste for a little while. Even though it has been 7 Months I have not gotten my sense of smell back. I can tell that just recently I have been kind of starting to get it back. I can’t smell much though, it is only really strong smells. Although it has been this long it hasn’t bothered me a ton. I think that would just be because I am use to it now.

On March 16th, 2021 I got the first shot of the vaccine. I know people that have already gotten the shot and they got sick from the second one and not the first, so I wasn’t super worried about that part. I just don’t like needles in general. When I was sitting in the chair waiting for the shot I got asked questions. When asked if I have already had COVID I said yes. I was told that since I have already had it then I have a better chance of my body reacting to the first shot like it’s the second one. Meaning that I could get sick and have some symptoms. Once I was told that I got a little worried because I wasn’t expected to get told that. When getting the shot I didn’t feel it at all so that was nice. Once I got done I had to wait 15 minutes before I could leave to go home.

Once home I was fine the rest of the day and evening. The only thing that happened was my arm was getting sore, but that is normal with any shot. When going to bed I felt fine. But, I woke up the next morning at 6 am and I was not feeling well. I had a headache, kind of felt like I was going to throw up, and my body hurt. I just kept trying to sleep. But, I would move a lot and I kept waking up multiply times until around 8:45. Through out this I kept taking my temperature and I never had one, but I felt hot. At this time I was still tired and didn’t feel well so I forced myself back to sleep. I slept a straight through until about 10:30. Once waking up this time I felt a lot better.

As of right now I am really tired and still feel like my body hurts and is just weak overall, but I definitely feel better than this morning. My arm is a little sore but better than yesterday. I will get the second shot at the beginning of April so I am interested to see what will happen this time.