With the holiday season approaching, I know we are all eager to pack up our things and head home to be with our families. Whether you are a fan of the vibrant fall leaves, warm, cozy blankets, the sound of crackling wood in your fireplace, being surrounded by your family when it all comes down to it everyone can agree Thanksgiving dinner is at the top of the list. Family traditions will be in full effect and memories of past holiday seasons will be discussed throughout your break. Laughter and love will fill the air as you help your mom cook dinner in the kitchen or watch football with your dad on the big screen. My favorite part of the holiday season is the mouthwatering recipes and cute DIY decorations I find on Pinterest! Here are a few of the recipes & decorations I plan to try out this Thanksgiving season!!
Appetizer: SPINACH PUFFS!
- 1 – 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1 tsp garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 – 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed but still cold (leave it in the fridge to thaw)
Dinner: MILLION DOLLAR MACARONI AND CHEESE!!
- 1poundcellentani pasta(may sub rigatoni, penne or macaroni)
- 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 112 oz. canevaporated milk
- 1tablespoonDijon mustard
- 1tablespoonchicken bouillon
- 1tsp EACHonion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt
- 1/4-1/2teaspoonred pepper flakes(optional)
- 4cupsfreshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6-8slicesprovolone cheese
- 1cupsour cream
- 1cupfreshly grated Parmesan cheese
...here comes the best part... DESSERT!
Are you ready for this?!
NEW YORK MAPLE-WALNUT CHEESECAKE!!
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ½ pounds cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup grade A medium amber maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces walnut halves (about 1 cup)
A few simple DIY decorations can get just about anyone in the holiday spirit. Whenever I am feeling crafty (or any other time of my life), Pinterest is my go to place. Here is some DIY decor I plan to try this Thanksgiving, and I hope you do too!
What's better than golden pumpkins for a table decoration? Nothing!
Trying to separate the in-laws isn't always easy... So here are some simple DIY place cards that every dinner table should have!
& Always remember to GIVE THANKS!
Happy Holidays! I hope your Thanksgiving is as tummy filly as I plan for mine to be! Wishing you all a safe and fun holiday!