It's About Time You Turned That "Transgender Military Ban Tweet" Into A Real Thing Mr. Trump

Allowing the military to pay for sex change surgeries will only make a mockery of the U.S. Military.

36
nbcnews.com

Yes, you heard it here first, I agree with the decision President Trump tweeted about of the banning of transgender individuals from the military. Not only was it right, but it was also necessary. His reasoning was that "the military must be focusing on decisive and overwhelming victory and not be burdened with the outrageous medical costs and the disruption it would cause for the military."

Paying for the transitions-related surgeries for military service members and their families is beyond wrong. Perhaps they have forgotten that our military was forged to be the world's strongest fighting force, not a government-funded, politically correct, medical sex change clinic for people with gender dysphoria. Gender Dysphoria is a condition in which a person experiences distress because their assigned sex does not match their gender identity. If you ask me, I wouldn't put my life in the hands of someone who is having a mental breakdown because they are having an anxiety attack about their gender.

There are thousands of people who cannot serve in the military because of their conditions which include- asthma, flat feet, mental disorders or color blindness (only for certain jobs), etc. So why should there be any harm in banning someone who has medical problems that could be very costly?

For over the next ten years, without this ban in place, this policy would cost a staggering $1.3 billion over the next 10 years, just for sex reassignment surgeries for the transgender members of the military service. To me, that is money that could be used for disabled veterans and other important things.

When it comes to the military, we need someone psychologically fit, emotionally sound, and highly trained to help protect this nation. Not someone who requires a hormonal shot and therapy every so often to keep them from being depressed and having prolonged anxiety.

There are over 60 percent of the diverse population that suffer from co-existing mental disorders after being put through the transition. In this case, they shouldn't even be aloud to serve if they are not mentally sane. We need someone fit and ready to go, not someone having a mental breakdown.

For most individuals that go through the sex change, it fails to resolve the emotional and psychological disorders that drove their desire to change their gender. That being said, there's the question of the service member's military readiness during their transition, as the process does a great deal of anxiety and emotional instability.

Not only does assisting the individuals in their transitions, therapy, or surgeries not strengthen our military, it would bring adverse long-term consequences for both the transgenders and the military. Allowing the military to pay for these transitions will only make a mockery of the U.S. Military.

I respect our military and all those who serve--whatever race or gender, but we need someone who is mentally and emotionally ready to serve this country.