Five Items to Spend Some Extra Money On

Five Items to Spend Some Extra Money On

There are some items you can purchase cheap versions. These, well, not so much.

101
Five Items to Spend Some Extra Money On
The Fiscal TImes

When you're shopping for a new item, price and quality are two things that are always in this equation. However, many times people choose the cheaper option, saying how they can just replace it when it breaks in a year. This not only leads to more waste ending up in landfills, but you also end up spending far more than you thought you would have. Here are a few things that you can (and should) spend a little more money on.

1) Office Chair

This will be where you spend a lot of your time. Whether you're just sitting down and browsing the web or doing all of your work at your desk, you'll want a supportive and comfortable chair that won't break in a year or two. Get one that has some ability to change the support features, as well as one that has a good amount of support on the seat, as well as the back.

2) Computer Accessories

Just as you would sit in your chair for hours doing work, you'll also be using a mouse and keyboard of some kind. After typing for a long time, you may suffer from typing fatigue and discomfort. One change that you can do is purchase a mechanical keyboard. These keyboards, while a little more expensive, feel much better when typing, as well as not fatiguing your hands and fingers while typing.

3) Cell Phone

Nowadays, everything we do can be done on a cell phone. In fact, many people have switched to doing most of their work and keep their personal data on their phones. Purchasing a cheaper cell phone can end up giving you more problems, such as losing data, not having enough room on your phone for all of your memes, or having poor battery life. Purchasing a good cell phone will get rid of a lot of these headaches, as well as giving you the opportunity to use the phone for more than a two year life span.

4) Coffee

One of the most popular drinks around the world! Many people start their day with coffee. But we've all have been there, where the coffee was terrible and ruined that good morning vibe that you had. Splurging a little on a good coffee maker or coffee beans will ensure that your morning cup will be so good, your entire day will be made, just on that cup of coffee.

5) Mattress and Bed Accessories

We spend hundreds of hours hanging out or sleeping in our beds. The way we sleep can effect our energy levels throughout the day, as well as our overall productivity level. What we sleep on can also have poor health effects such as back and joint pain, to neck pains. Getting a nice, comfortable mattress and supportive pillows will make sure your body is supported throughout your nights rest and give you the energy you need to power through the day!

Of course, you could also look for these items on deals or purchase items refurbished (which is a great thing to do) and save far more, but you definitely feel the difference between purchasing something cheap, and purchasing something that was worth the money.