How Ironic Can I Be

How Ironic Can I Be

Isn't irony weird?

61
How Ironic Can I Be
bp.blogspot.com

The teacher says, "Have a good/fun weekend." Then, the teacher will proceed to assign the longest assignment you have ever seen for that weekend, and you quietly think, "Well, I wished I could... but now."

I woke up one morning with an odd thought in my mind. The thought was, "During the 9/11 disaster, I bet everyone was calling 9-1-1." Was it a little number irony? Maybe. I don't know if people would think of this as irony. Maybe, it's just a funny coincidence. Like, why was 9-1-1 the chosen number to call for help? Why did a lot of people need the most help on 9/11? Is this a little creepy or not? You decide.

It's ironic to think that I am writing about irony because I have trouble remembering what irony is in English class.

The thing that is even more ironic about this is that I like English a lot, and I am getting a minor in it. (You would think that I would know irony very well by now. Irony is odd though, but I am practicing the skill of irony right now in this article.)

When I settle in for a peaceful nap but I wake up feeling like very groggy and zombie-like, I do not wake up feeling like a new rose or anything like most people would expect to wake up like. Hey, that's irony for you, right?

I'm running out of irony. Help!

Oh, well! For now, I am done with irony, anyways. Irony plays nasty tricks.