5 Reasons Iron Man Is The Best Avenger

5 Reasons Iron Man Is The Best Avenger

Because everyone is still reeling from the end of "Endgame".

78

Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. For years, Tony Stark, better known as Iron Man, has fought alongside the Avengers to protect the people of Earth on the big screen. There has been much debate concerning who is the best Avenger, but I'm here to end that conversation once and for all. Here's five reasons why Iron Man is the greatest Avenger:

1. He's relatable

Tony Stark might be a superhero and billionaire, but he still experiences the same problems we do. "Iron Man 3" reveals a more human side of Tony, depicting his struggles with mental health, including panic attacks and post-traumatic stress. Showing Tony dealing with these real, human issues helps to make him a relatable a more relatable character, despite being a man who flies around in a suit of armor and saves the world on the daily.

2. He's a genius

There's no argument that Tony Stark is one of the smartest beings in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He built his first Iron Man suit in a cave from a box of scraps while under extreme stress, became an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics overnight, and created a new element. If you need any more convincing, remember that he was the one to figure out Loki's plan in "The Avengers", which allowed them to stop the attack on New York.

3. He's hilarious.

Many characters within the MCU may find Tony's constant quips irritating, but the audience can't get enough of his witty remarks and dry sense of humor. He always seems to know exactly what to say to make us laugh, and we can always count on his sarcasm to lighten the mood in dire situations.

4. He has some serious character growth

When we are first introduced to Tony, he is an egocentric, arrogant, and apathetic playboy. However, after he is kidnapped in the first Iron Man film and witnesses first hand the destruction that his inventions cause, he begins to reevaluate his life and seeks to use his skills with inventing to help others. Across the numerous films that he has appeared in, Tony continues to grow from his experiences, such as becoming more of a team player whilst fighting alongside the rest of the Avengers.

5. He rises to any challenge

No matter what threat he faces, Tony always seems to be prepared with a new suit and a witty comment to take down whatever means to harm the Earth. He'll do whatever it takes— even if it means putting his life on the line— for the greater good. Even if he fails at first, he will always come back stronger. There is nothing that can truly defeat Iron Man.

Iron Man may not be the most powerful Avenger, but his relatability, intelligence, sense of humor, and ability to adapt and grow make him a fan favorite and set him apart from the rest. Before he is a hero, he is a human being, helping viewers to connect to him on a personal level. And, of course, he's the one that started it all.