Why "Grease Live!" Was Everything We Wanted And More

They surpassed all expectation!

28

With the rapid approach of "Grease Live!" audience were justifiably concerned. With recent live musical flops on NBC, the thought of "Grease" sharing a similar fate terrified devotees. However, not only did Fox crush all fears regarding a lackluster or poorly executed performance, the cast completely blew everyone out of the water with their incredible performances and sheer talent.

Don't believe me? Take a look at this list, and if that doesn't convince you, you'll just have to watch it for yourself.

1. Aaron. Tveit.:

There isn't much that needs to be said. Tveit has proven time and time again how versatile he is as an actor, and the role of Danny Zuko is just another name to add to the list. Vocally astounding and overflowing with talent, Tveit does more than just look the part. Though he does look damn good in all black.

2. The brilliant choreography:

It was all flawlessly executed, which is pretty damn impressive for a live show. Look at that, totally in sync.

No, but really.

NO, BUT REALLY.

It's almost too perfect!

3. Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo:

Vanessa Hudgens may be back in a high school setting, but she's far from the Gabrielle Montez she's famously known for. Not only does she look the part, she kills every song and dance number, while giving off Rizzo's signature vibe. Hudgens father unexpectedly passed away from cancer this past week, so her performance was dedicated to him, making it that much more heartfelt.

4. Julianne "Actual Queen" Hough:

Bow down to the raw talent she possesses. Hough had officially proven her status as a triple threat. Not to mention how she owns every single outfit she has throughout the whole show.

5. The definition of perfection that was Doody:

HE'S JUST SO ADORABLE! Of course, I had to do my obligatory IMDb search after seeing him onscreen. I hope to see much more of the superbly talented Jordan Fisher in the future!

6. The fact that the original Doody and Frenchie came out in their original 'Pink Ladies' and 'T-Bird' jackets:

There were plenty of tears when Barry Pearl and Didi Conn returned to Riddell for this stunning performance.

7. Carlos freaking PenaVega:

So I must admit, my first introduction to Carlos Pena was through "Big Time Rush," and Nickelodeon TV show about an up-and-coming boy band. He would then go on to marry one of my childhood heroes, Alexa Vega, aka Carmen Cortex from "Spy Kids." Despite all of this, I am more than happy to remember him most prominently as the best portrayal of Kenickie since Jeff Conaway.

8. BOYS ll MEN:

Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting it. But who else could make a mildly offensive song sound so pleasant? Poor Frenchie...at least she was serenaded!

9. Patty Simcox and Eugene:

Man, "Grease Live!" was just cast really, really well.

10. LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT SANDY:

From the moment that she completely slammed Patty Simcox...

...to her vehement protest of Danny's "Sin wagon."

Honestly, I was a little nervous about "Grease Live!" as well. However, they surpassed all expectations and provided their audience with a daring and brilliantly executed live performance. I have faith that it will live on for years to come.