Introverts Can Be Leaders, Too

Introverts Can Be Leaders, Too

Sometimes the quietest person in the room can have the loudest voice.

165
Introverts Can Be Leaders, Too

When we think of someone as a 'leader,' we often envision a loud, charismatic and outgoing person.

We view leaders as those who are not afraid to speak their mind — and we assume they are extroverts who are able to talk to anybody in any situation. Conversely, we also tend to believe that people who are 'shy' or more introverted are not able to make an impact.

This is simply not the case, however.

Introverts are able to be leaders, too. In fact, sometimes the quietest person in the room can have the loudest voice.

Introverts are able to be outstanding leaders because their quiet strength speaks volumes.

They have a strong ability to create lasting change because they use their listening skills and sense of empathy before taking action. Rather than quickly making decisions, introverts weigh every option carefully prior to reaching any conclusions. They feel emotions deeply and because they are often very empathetic. Introverts tend to consider what is best for the entire group rather than for themselves.

Though sometimes they may need a little push to get motivated, introverts are great role models and solid examples of what leadership skills should look like.

Many introverted people have huge potential to make change in their communities because their leadership qualities differ vastly from extroverts as well.

Ultimately, it would be foolish to assume that the loudest and most outgoing person is always the best leader. This is not always true.

Introverts deserve more recognition — because after all, they are leaders, too.