Exclusive Interview with WHOSFLYY – Long Island, USA

WHOSFLYY's real name is Erick Johnson, born on June 6th, 1989 in Manhattan, New York, USA. He was raised in the gritty streets of Brentwood, Long Island. WHOSFLYY started music at a young age but never really took it seriously until he got older and actually could find his sound. What inspired him to do music was the fact that he listened to all types of music growing up, and a lot of friends around him are either rapping, dancing, or were involved with some sort of music.

18

An exclusive interview with WHOSFLYY by Honk Magazine opens up other revelations of a man so dearly loved by his family and the music industry. Read more:

Questions:-

1. Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path?

WHOSFLYY: I really want to say that when I was younger, I used to try and rap the alphabet lol … I always was trying to rhyme something just to make a flow but I never really knew how to rap. I would always mimic what I saw on tv and as I got older I started really putting pen to paper. Then time and time went on and I just really learned my sound and I just rapped about things that pertain to my life .. women, fun, money, sacrifice, and plenty more lol .. but I'm just happy I'm on the path I am now

2. Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started this career?

WHOSFLYY: Most interesting story? "Hmmm" I don't really have one .. oh! Actually, when I was performing at SOB, you can see me in the video kind of slurring words and really looking out of it .. more so, I was just nervous. So I have been drinking all night then when it was time to perform I slumped lol, but I still pushed through!

3. Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?

WHOSFLYY: "Hmm" One of the first mistakes I made was drinking too much before a show and also holding the mic way too close to my lips. Everything was just blurry when trying to rap .. Sounded extorted lol.. but you learn as you have a rehearsal so you can be able to really hold the mic a certain distance way .. "pole just think u grab the mic and rap when it's more to it".

4. What are some of the most interesting or exciting projects you are working on now?

WHOSFLYY: Right now I'm just releasing single after single. I want to have an EP but I feel is that I'm not as big yet I should just keep dropping singles .. but I do have enough new unreleased music that I was considering putting together as an EP.

5. Who are some of the most interesting people you have interacted with? What was that like? Do you have any stories?

WHOSFLYY: "Tbh" I haven't interacted with any big names yet but I know when I get the chance I'll be able to learn and get advice from ppl that's been doing this for a long time

6. Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them to thrive and not "burn out"?

WHOSFLYY: Just stay consistent. Even if you're not dropping a new song every week or every month, just keep recording because you never know who you can run into your work and would say OK let me hear all the music you have and can take it from there. Also need to stay relevant with music that's going on now .. just not all that "mumble shit".

7. You have been blessed with success in a career path that can be challenging. Do you have any words of advice for others who may want to embark on this career path, but seem daunted by the prospect of failure?

WHOSFLYY: The only advice is - don't listen to what everyone has to say. Not everyone will like your music but also not everyone hears the same thing that you do. One may like your music and someone else might not, that doesn't mean stop making music. You keep making it .. haters are a good thing, it means you are doing something right.

8. Can you share with our readers any self-care routines, practices, or treatments that you do to help your body, mind, or heart to thrive? Kindly share a story or an example for each.

WHOSFLYY: "Shiiiiittttt" lol, I wish I knew things that I can have self-care.. and treatments lol. Just wash your ass and eat good food and don't lose yourself in the process because once you lose yourself it's over lol.

9. What are your "5 things I wish someone told me when I first started" and why. Please share a story or example for each.

WHOSFLYY: (a). Don't do any popcorn rap because that's corny lol.

(b). Make sure you stay fly in every video.

(c). Make sure your song has a meaning and not just random stuff.

(d). Stay consistent because the minute you stop you won't go back.

(e). And the 5th, I really want to say just love what you do, treat it as a job, just a job you like lol.

10. Can you please give us your favorite "Life Lesson Quote"? Can you share how that was relevant to you in your life?

WHOSFLYY: Favorite quote is "tomorrow isn't promised"

The reason I say that is because I been in my share of car accidents to where it could have really been it for me .. I had a friend who had a real serious leg injury .. and "tbh" we both could have died that day. One of the scariest nights of my life .. started off amazing .. almost ended badly.. almost didn't see my kids again.

11. None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?

WHOSFLYY: "Umm" I would have to say my family .. and friends, not just one specific person .. my mother supports me but she just be worried lol and my cousin oaks push me to record more .. some friends motivate me to go harder in this game because they say you have the image you have the talent don't waste it.

12. You are a person of enormous influence. If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. :-)

WHOSFLYY: "Hmmm" If I can start a movement? "Tbh idk lol" I can't really think of something off the top like that .. as time goes on I'll get a better idea

13. We are very blessed that some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US with whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch, and why? He or she might see this. :-)

WHOSFLYY: Honestly it would have been Kobe .. would have loved to have a convo with him about life and business and everything .. also other names I would love to speak to is Diddy, Hov, Russ, Shaquille O'Neal, Rick Ross, Meek Mill, and that's just off the top of my head lol .. anybody I watched growing up I would love to speak to .. pick the brain to learn things about the industry and business aspects? Always looking to grow!

14 How can our readers follow you online?

WHOSFLYY: Readers can follow me on all platforms under my stage name WHOSFLYY….

https://youtu.be/J-pabBiLwyo

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/whosflyy/1500147322

https://m.soundcloud.com/whosflyy-429443206

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4fkSc6FsYFEKgk5TVUfFxu

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCR8LGZkf0P45k1QAKBbtjwg

Google me if you need to lol I'm all over .. always spreading love