A Q&A With The Executive Director Of The Patient Choice Coalition For Oklahoma
News

President Trump visits Tulsa for the first stop on his re-election rally

240
Susan Chepkauskas

The United States was hit with COVID-19 this year and because of that, we had to shut down our country. Coronavirus financially hit small businesses hard, even some big-box retailers are having to shut their doors. We are still in the Coronavirus pandemic; however, Oklahoma is in phase three of reopening. Since it is also an election year the U.S. is going to be having rallies ahead of the election in November. President Donald J. Trump is up for re-election this year. He decided to have his first rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This will be the largest political rally in the history of the United States. I got the chance to interview a friend in politics and he answered many questions that I had, and I will be sharing that with readers today.

President Trump visits TulsaSaturday,June 20th, 2020

1. What is your name and what is your career title?

"Danny Chepkauskas and I am the executive director of the Patient Choice Coalition for Oklahoma, Texas, and Colorado. It is the biggest healthcare coalition in the U.S. I have been in politics for 34 years."

2. How big do you think this is for Oklahoma and the president coming for his first rally? 

"This is the biggest thing to happen to our state. Nearly 1.2 million people have registered for this event. Chepkauskas said the entire country is chomping at the bit to get back to work and if the Democrats truly care about the welfare and wellbeing of the citizens of this state, they must put petty partisan politics aside."

3. How do you feel about president Trump coming to Tulsa?

"I think that it's a phenomenal opportunity for Oklahoma to showcase itself especially with Tulsa Oklahoma competing with Austin Texas for the spot of the Tesla factory. This is the biggest thing ever to happen to our state and the entire country."

4. Why did president Trump originally plan the rally for June 19th?

"President Trump didn't intentionally plan it for Juneteenth and if he did, he wanted to honor the holiday. President Trump has never disrespected another race, back in 2016 he won 8% of the African-American vote and he had 27% of African-American approval. President Trump is all about uniting the country. The U.S. is the most racially, culturally, and socially diverse country."

5. Have you heard about what the safety guidelines are and who set them in place?

"They are checking temperatures and that they must sign a liability and information form, and they are handing out masks and hand sanitizer. The Trump administration is big on the local rule and he asked the state what guidelines they have in place and he followed what the state guidelines for Oklahoma were."

6. Do you have any other comments on the rally?

"Chepkauskas said I have heard there were going to be a lot of protestors, I heard that protesters were going to be bused in from other places."