10 Ways To Bomb A Job Interview So Terribly Bad That They Will Never Even Consider Hiring You

Make sure you are on your "A" game! You do not want to show the employer that you do not know how to handle yourself.

224
rawpixel.com

Aren't job interviews so intimidating? I know right! You have to dress up and print out a paper of your life story, and then sit through the interview and tell the recruiter how you are superman and all the people that you saved. It is just so hard to be an adult sometimes, but let me give you an advantage and tell you what not to do in an interview.

1. Do not make 100% awkward eye contact

Yes, maintain good eye contact, but do not turn it into an eye contest. The last thing you want to do is make the recruiter uncomfortable in his workplace.

2. Do not hit on your recruiter

Do not think to flirt with the recruiter is the way to go. You got to keep it classy!

3. Do not be gross

Do not bite your nails or poke your boogies while interviewing. That is just nasty.

4. Do not let out your natural gases

Try to limit what you eat before an interview. You do not want to be holding that fart in the whole time. It gets uncomfortable

5. Do not be clumsy

6. Do not try to rush through

An interview takes time. Do not ask the interviewer when they will be done, or do not nag them about getting hired immediately.

7. Do not break your bearing

DO NOT TRY TO BEAT UP YOUR EMPLOYER! #jailtime

8. Do not show up late

You say a lot about yourself depending on the time you show up for an interview.

9. Do not lie about skill you do not have to get a job you are unqualified for

Do not lie about yourself because you will make a fool of yourself in the long run.

10. Do not show fear

Confidence is key. An employer does not want to hire someone that is scared to take an opportunity. They want to see that you believe in yourself.

Practice makes perfect. Do your research, know the company as if you work there, and be yourself. Do not force yourself to be someone you are not. If you avoid the things that I have suggested, you should be fine in your next interview.