10 Internet Memes That Need To End

10 Internet Memes That Need To End

Remember planking?

54
10 Internet Memes That Need To End
Twitter

In today's day and age, everyone is always plugged in, always turned on, always on the internet. It's actually really hard to go a day without going on the internet at least once. There is always so much going on in the world and it is so important to constantly stay informed. While there is the serious side to the internet with news updates, gofundme pages, and like real actual scholarly research, there are also some really weird fads that go on. Log into twitter and you will no doubt see an internet trend that lasts about two weeks and then no one thinks about forever. Here are some random internet trends that caught my attention over the years.

Harlem Shake

I thought the Harlem Shake dances were really cool and fun. The music hypes you up and it was sick when people did it in really obscure places. (like I think some swim team did it under water). I remember my school did it at a basketball game and I was really pissed that I missed it.

Planking

Planking is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard of and I am really embarrassed that I went around planking when I was like fourteen. Like who comes up with planking? What really is the point? Anyways I'm really sorry that this was a trend for a little and I am even sorrier that I took part in it.

Mannequin Challenge

Right now it appears that the mannequin challenge is all the rage. It kinda doesn't make any sense. Like why did everyone just all of a sudden stand still when they first heard the song "Black Beatles"? like what is the backstory that make these two things go hand in hand? if someone figures it out LMK

Cinnamon Challenge

This is another really dumb challenge. Who thinks its a good idea to put this much cinnamon in their mouth? And why do people think it's fun to film? Why would I want to watch you spit for a five minute video. HAHAHA .... definitely not that great.

Damn Daniel

Damnnnn Daniel!!! Back at it again with the white vans. I lol'd when I first watched this video, but then the internet tirelessly destroyed it like it does to most things and I got so sick of hearing it everywhere I went.

The mysterious blue/gold dress

So I personally saw the blue and black dress and some people saw the white and gold. This still really blows my mind and if anyone understands the true science behind it, please educate me

Arthur memes

I will maintain for as long as I live that Arthur is the greatest show ever, So when his memes started becoming a thing I was pretty amped. Arthur is a total savage and his sister DW is the OG queen. Its about time they get some recognition.

Caveman Spongebob

I never even watched Spongebob as a kid because my mom didn't let me, but for some reason the caveman spongebob memes were really funny to me.

Kermit the Frog

Kermit is another sav, like Arthur. He's an all around pretty stand-up character who has to put up with that pain in the ass Piggy. So it's really no surprise that he has a dark side urging him to do bad things.

Harambe (RIP sweet prince)

It has been almost six months since the world lost Harambe. May he rest in peace. Okay so Harambe is pretty important to me and I was actually very fired up when he was shot (the day before my birthday might I add). Then when the internet exploded and coudn't stop mourning the prince's death, I obviously hopped right on the bandwagon. When you think about it, its pretty messed up how out of hand the Harambe thing got, (the internet literally shut down the Cincinnati Zoo's Twitter page), but I guess it's just a pretty good example of the absurdity of the internet!