Internet Friends

Internet Friends

The dangers and sometimes wonderful truths

5
Internet Friends
Google.com

The regular standard in modern mainstream America is simply this, people don’t usually make friends over the internet then proceed to meet them in the future days. People are taught at a young age that the people you meet over the internet aren’t who you think you are- which isn’t a bad perspective to have on life. There are instances when it would probably be retarded to go out and meet someone you’ve happened to speak to online, and really you should make sure to be careful before you do that anyways. But there is no way to stop people from doing things like that, so instead of working so hard to ward people you care about from doing that, you should focus on how you can make it as utterly safe as possible. Because really if you tell someone more then they’re only going to want to do that even more.

If you’re going to meet someone it has to be worth it. There’s been many and many stories about people getting injured or kidnapped because they chose to go out and meet whoever they thought that person was on the other side of the screen, but really you never know who you’re talking to until you see them face to face. Applications like Skype are really helpful for that, so maybe you should try that first. People always claim that the people they’re talking to online is their ‘best friend’ or ‘soulmate’, but really you don’t have any idea the dangers of who they are. That isn’t to say that you can’t meet someone over the internet who happens to be ‘good’ or can possibly be your friend. It’s just all difficult and you should be wary on what you do.

Honestly you probably should not meet someone online. In no way does this mean it’s enforced, you lead your own life, so do whatever you feel. Meet someplace public where if you’re endangered there’s a chance someone else can help, or during the daylight instead of the stark of night. It’s safer that way. There’s no sure fire way to ever be absolute on anything, so being as cautious as possible is really the best thing you could do. There is also no way to convince someone to not do something quite possibly foolish like that.