So, I just booked a trip to New York City with my two best friends. Coincidentally, these two best friends just so happen to be my brother and sister. This will be the first time we go anywhere just the three of us, and I am SO excited.
This trip got me thinking, why haven't we gone on a trip together before? I guess when you think of going on a trip without your parents, you always think of taking your friends, but really you should be thinking about going with your siblings.
Your siblings are your instant best friends when you/they are born. You are going to be stuck with them forever, and if you start spending more time with them now, you will have more time to cherish them.
I feel like it used to be "uncool" to do anything with your siblings because it may have insinuated that you had no other friends, but as I have gotten older, I have realized that your siblings are the only "friends" that are guaranteed to stay with you forever.
There should be no shame in hanging out with your siblings. Your relationship with your siblings is way more important than your relationships with your friends.
As I have gotten older, I have realized that my siblings are the best people to spend my time with. Because we do not get to see each other every day, we cherish the time we have together.
So book a trip with your siblings, go to a coffee shop together, go see a movie, do absolutely anything, and it will make you 100 times happier.
- 19 Ways Your Siblings Shaped Who You Are Today | Slideshow ... ›
- Alex Shibutani's 5 Tips On Spending Lots Of Time With Your Sibling ... ›
- 3 Ways to Have Fun With Your Siblings - wikiHow ›
- 8 Productive Ways To Spend Time With Younger Siblings ›
- 5 Perfect Reasons You Should Spend As Much Time With Your Big ... ›
- What will strengthen my relationship with my siblings? | Institute in ... ›