inspirational quotes

9 Inspiring Women You Should Be Quoting Every Day

Whether you're looking for an opening to a graduation speech or a unique Instagram caption, these ladies won't let you down.

108
Photo by Sandrachile . on Unsplash

Women need to stick together. When we do, amazing things can happen. Here are the top nine most inspiring women. Read them, learn them, grow from them.

​​1. Gloria Steinem: "The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn but to unlearn."

Gloria Steinem is an activist and journalist. She is most famously credited with her activism during the second wave of feminism and for co-founding the popular magazine, Ms. Magazine.

2. Nina Simone: "You have to learn to get up from the table when love is no longer being served."

Nina Simone was an American singer/songwriter and a large activist during the Civil Rights Movement.

3. Wilma Mankiller: "The secret of our success is that we never, never give up."

Wilma Mankiller was an activist, social worker, and the first female Chief of the Cherokee Nation.

4. Maxine Waters: "I think that people should do what their heart and soul tells them to do."

Maxine Waters is an American congresswomen, currently serving in the 43rd district of California.

5. Yayoi Kusama: "Forget yourself. Become one with eternity. Become part of your environment."

Yayoi Kusama is an 89 year old Japanese installation artist, famously known for her use of colorful polka dots and mirrors.

6. Elizabeth Warren: "Truly successful lives are about family."

Elizabeth Warren is an American politician currently serving as a senator in Massachusetts.

7. Rupi Kaur: "If you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise."

Rupi Kaur is a Canadian, Indian born poet. She is most famously recognized for her book "Milk and Honey".

8. Aretha Franklin: "Sometimes what you're looking for is already there."

Aretha Franklin was an American singer/songwriter and actress. She is sometimes referred to as "the queen of soul".

9. Ruth Bader Ginsburg: "My mother told me two things constantly. One was to be a lady, and the other was to be independent."

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is an 85 year-old associate justice of the Supreme Court and an advocate for the women's movement.