How to Capture the Essence of "Mamma Mia" in Your Life

How To Capture The Essence Of 'Mamma Mia' Into Your Life

Trust me, we all need some "Mamma Mia" inspiration in our day.

267
Alyssa Gasa

If you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying the feel-good film "Mamma Mia" or the much needed sequel, then you have been missing out. However, this article won't spoil the plots but rather give some ways to incorporate "Mama Mia" inspiration into your life!

To start, throw on some ABBA. Perfectly intertwined into the plot of the film are classic songs from ABBA. Their songs can be described as disco-pop with lively lyrics and beats! The songs from the movies give you that extra bit of blissfulness we all could use more of. Whether you listen to the original or the movie album covers you can't go wrong with singing and dancing to some ABBA. The movies emphasize breaking out in song and dance at a moments notice so why not channel a bit of that too while you're at it!

Alyssa Gasa

Another way to feel apart of the film is to look the part. There is something so wonderful about the care-free, boho, beachy, style the movie captures effortlessly. Each of the character's outfits has been handpicked to perfection demonstrating not only their own varying styles but also that permanent "on vacation" feel. As shown above, by adding some neutrals with pops of blue, flowy 70s style, denim, and strappy sandals you can feel like you're vacationing on Kalokairi with them. There really is no wrong way of incorporating more "Mama Mia" aspects to your existing style, go as elaborate or subtle as you'd like!

An aspect you would only know from watching the movies is how the main characters' actions express the importance of having an open heart. One of the biggest themes demonstrated is how big of hearts the characters continually have. Try by working towards being more loving in your actions and thoughts to others and yourself. Whether it be old flames, new ones to come, or your current partner "Mamma Mia" really shows us that the best way to live a happier life is by opening up our hearts to be a bit more vulnerable. While that could leave us to get hurt it also leads to the potential of something really great to come along.

Alyssa Gasa

If you really want to feel a bit more like you're living in "Mamma Mia", change up how you do your hair. Throughout the films, waves, braids, and pulled back effortless styles are what dominate their signature looks. Add loose and beachy waves to copy that of Sophie or Donna in particular. By incorporating some braids and pulled back styles you'll mimic Sophia. To capture the spirit of young Donna, have messy effortless waves, lots of volume, and throw on a beach hat. It's just a fun way to do something different than you normally would have for your daily look.

As we go about our days, something to keep in the back of our mind is "What Would Donna Do?" The character of Donna is fearless, loving, open-minded, and powerfully confident. She cares deeply for her friends and family showing us compassion is always the way to go. My favorite line from her is in the second movie saying, "Life is short, the world is wide. I want to make some memories." She dives headfirst into all that she feels is right for her without over thinking or over-complicating her life, despite things not always going her way. Donna is resilient and passionate in all she does. She shows us life shouldn't be taken so seriously, we have a whole world of experiences waiting for us when we want them.

The movies are light-hearted and filled with laughs but still manage to incorporate deep themes of love, family, and finding yourself. It never hurts to let loose, be spontaneous, and love unconditionally. Use these little ways to add some much needed "Mamma Mia" to your day today!