elle woods and legally blonde

10 Times Elle Woods Proved That You Can Be A Strong Independent Woman Who Don't Need No Man

"If I'm going to be a partner in a law firm by the time I'm 30, I need a boyfriend who's not such a complete bonehead."

108
@LegallyBlondeMovies

Elle Woods' words are crazy inspirational and we would all do well to follow them!

“I promised her, and I can’t break the bonds of sisterhood.”

Sisters before misters! Duh! Whether they are your sorority sisters, your actual sisters, or your best friends, our friends always matter and should be considered when making decisions. Maybe this won't be about holding someone's alibi in court, but keeping secrets and trust is absolutely just as important!

“I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything.”

Elle Woods has drive, determination, and above all confidence! This is super important in every aspect of your life! She can take on any challenge and overcome it with class and style.

Warner: “YOU got into Law School!?!?” Elle: “What, like it’s hard?"

Elle got into one of THE most difficult schools in the country, particularly their LAW school. I think that this element is sometimes overlooked. Let us remind everyone that Warner got waitlisted for admission until his father made a phone call to the department. Elle is super smart with her 4.0 GPA, but most of all she is dedicated. She worked crazy hard studying for the LSATs, made a killer admissions video, and clearly impressed the admissions reps with her extracurricular activities. How she had time for all of that in her senior year is beyond me! Elle shows us that with hard work and determination we too can reach our goals.

“Passion is a key ingredient to the study and practice of law — and of life.”

Elle tells us to be passionate about our lives! This is fantastic advice we should all strive to follow! Like Elle, pick a career that you love. Whether it be law, teaching, writing, or scuba diving, we should all find passion in our life choices and careers.

“Remembering that first impressions are not always correct.”

Remember the age-old saying, "You can't judge a book by its cover"? Elle shows us that we should always be open and accepting towards everyone. Never judge someone by their appearance or blonde hair. Take them for who they truly are inside.

“I’m never going to be good enough for you am I?”

Don't let the Warners in your life keep you from succeeding and being the person you are meant to be. If anyone tells you you aren't good enough, they aren't good enough to be in your life. You don't need that negativity girl!

“I changed my mind. I’d pick the dangerous one because I’m not scared of a challenge.”

Elle is not afraid of a challenge and neither should you be! Take chances to reach for your dreams. Never be afraid to go after what you want.

“Omg the Bend and Snap, works every time."

Flaunt your stuff girl! You've got the parts, you've just gotta read the instruction manual.

“But if I’m going to be a partner in a law firm by the time I’m 30, I need a boyfriend who’s not such a complete bonehead.”

Your boyfriend should never get in the way of your career goals. The right man will be there for you along the way, but never prevent you from exerting your independence. Although she began her journey with the aim of getting back with her boyfriend, Elle shows us that in the end, she needs to focus on her own journey and the right man will come along at the right time.

“You must always have faith in people. And most important, you must always have faith in yourself.”

It's time we realized that there are times when we do need to depend on others. And this is okay! Friendships are so important for a healthy life. And it all begins with faith and trust in ourselves. We need to be friends with ourselves first and foremost.

Who needs a man to be strong and independent? Elle Woods is a fantastic role model for all women. She motivates us to be our very best and to reach for our dreams.