Inspirational Quotes For Your COVID-19 Blues

This article (and PICTURE!) cheered me up!

10
Frank McKenna at unsplash.com

I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps, and I'm guessing I'm not alone in this. I got into this sneakily horrible habit for my soul where I wake up in the morning and I immediately think the day is not going to go well.

I know what events in my life caused me to get into this pattern of thinking, but those events are over and each day is such an incredible gift from God. Every moment is an incredible gift from God.

Sometimes, I think to myself, "I'll never live this moment again. It's here and gone so fast. I have to make this unrepeatable day (insert that date here in my thoughts) full of joy! I need to praise God for just being here and for all I have!"

This is what I think to myself to help me snap out of my funk and appreciate what I have instead of bemoan and cause my soul to fuss about what I do not have.

I was going to write quite a downer for this week's blog post. I've been continuing to live a stay-at-home life to help myself and my family stay safe from potentially contracting this disease, and it's been very frustrating, hard, and lonely at times. Especially when the wifi decides not to work as I'm watching a movie haha. I was going to write about the importance of wearing masks in public and how even I, a girl who is pretty strict about not doing things that could expose me to COVID-19, do not like wearing masks in public.

But I decided the world doesn't need more bad news. I also decided that everyone should know by now how important it is to wear masks in public. (Goodness gracious, if you're not wearing one in public, stay six feet or eight feet apart from people. Please.) We know it's bad out there and that people need to wear masks. What I needed this week was an inspirational quotes binge.

That's right, let's binge on inspirational quotes together for a second or two. We could all use this happy distraction!

This week, I am posting inspiring quotes to help you ponder life's goodness and refocus your heart on appreciating what you have.

Here we go!

"Now is not the time to muse or fret over the happenings of life but rather to be conformed entirely to the will of God."

- St. Junípero Serra

"Quit waiting for a plan; just go love everybody."

- Bob Goff

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

"As I walked out toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison."

- Nelson Mandela

"A humble soul does not trust itself, but places all its confidence in God."

- St. Faustina

"An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

- G.K. Chesterton

"You are not the opinion of someone who doesn't know you."

- Taylor Swift

"Why would we need to experience the Comforter if our lives are already comfortable?"

- Francis Chan

"I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; Together we can do great things."

- Mother Teresa (also a Saint)

"The mystery of poverty is that by sharing in it, making ourselves poor in giving to others, we increase our knowledge of and belief in love."

- Dorothy Day

"You are never too small to make a difference."

- Greta Thurnberg

"Everything could be a prayer if it were offered to God."

- St. Martin de Porres

"Real love is demanding. I would fail in my mission if I did not tell you so. Love demands a personal commitment to the will of God."

- St. John Paul II

"Turn your wounds into wisdom."

- Oprah Winfrey

"If God sends you many sufferings, it is a sign that He has great plans for you and certainly wants to make you a saint."

- St. Ignatius of Loyola

Wow. My heart is inspired by these quotes. I hope you're inspired, too.

If you are bored or feeling down this week, look up inspirational quotes by saints or your favorite role models and get inspired.

Love,

Brooke