Inspiration From A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Inspiration From A Galaxy Far, Far Away

George Lucas has taught us more than just the ways of the force

16
Inspiration From A Galaxy Far, Far Away
www.statisticbrain.com

I’ve been inspired by Star Wars ever since I can remember and to say I’m a fan of the franchise is kind of an understatement. Once a year I have Star Wars marathon where I sit on the couch and watch every episode in chronological order from start to finish, only getting up to go to the bathroom and to answer the door for the pizza man. When The Force Awakens came out a year ago I saw the movie four times in theaters, within the first two weeks of its release. I went as Princess Leia for Halloween three years in a row. I’ve spent countless hours researching the Galaxy far, far away and looking up fan theories about Rey. Sometimes I try to impress guys with my extensive Star Wars knowledge and usually it doesn’t work out but hey, that’s a part of me that I’m not ashamed of. So just as Star Wars has inspired me in life, I’m here to inspire you with some of the best quotes from all seven movies!

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." Yoda

This is as deep is at gets and depressing as hell. Sometimes we know things and people will soon come to an end in our lives. It’s difficult to think about a future without them. Master Yoda is simply telling us to prepare ourselves emotionally for when this time comes.

“Never tell me the odds” Han Solo

Whether you are fighting off Imperial TIE fighters or trying to pass a chemistry class, ignore all the BS statistics and chances you are given when trying to achieve something. Odds are stupid, self-knowledge is everything.

“Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.” Obi Wan Kenobi

I like to put this quote in the context of cute guys that like to break hearts. Easy on the eyes, but hard on the heart.

Your focus determines your reality” Qui Gon Jinn

He only appeared in one episode but his wisdom was enough for all seven. Whatever you chose to focus on in life, essentially is your life. So focus on the positives and you’ll feel positive.

“All mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like. It’s the only way we grow.” Padme Amidala

Parents, coaches, professors, Jedi masters… they know us best and it’s their job to point out our mistakes and correct us when we’re wrong to make us into better humans. So respect them when they do!

“Let go of your hate.” Luke Skywalker

Speaking like a true hippie Luke Skywalker. It’s easier said than done but learning to do this will set you free from the dark side!!

“Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.” Yoda

Yoda is the epitome of wisdom and inspiration. I’m leaving you with this quote because it’s importance is so under looked. The choices we make in our current situation are the building blocks of our future. Everything we do today will determine tomorrow. The future is now ya’ll!