Should I order a fabfitfun box?

So What Do You Actually Get Inside A Fabfitfun Box?

Discovering the true value inside the Fall subscription box that claims it's a $200+ value.

65

If you know me, you know I can't resist a good deal. When I shop, I go straight to the clearance rack. So naturally, when I saw the advertisements for FabFitFun claiming they fill their boxes up with at least $200+ worth of goodies for only $49 ($39 with a coupon for first timers) well I just couldn't pass up the offer to give it a try!

To start, they give you a personalization quiz that allows you to tell them about what you like so they can curate a box that is utterly and perfectly you. The product preferences have options like skincare, fitness, home, and fashion, letting you pick from options like love it all the way down to hate it.

The options you chose in your profile quiz certainly help the team put a personalized box together, but it doesn't guarantee you won't receive certain items even if you select hate it. There are select items that are included in every box regardless of your quiz answers, such as sponsored skincare products.

With that being said, I enjoyed the adorable touches FabFitFun included in their packaging, like the cozy fall box that featured a colorful design upon delivery and the crinkle confetti paper that holds all the products safely inside. The team certainly adds touches to make the box extra cute which made this fall-loving gal giddy when excitedly ripping into her first subscription box.

One thing that I loved about FabFitFun is that you have the option to select between a few items to include in your box. Some people like to be 100% surprised when subscribing to a box, but this was something that stood out in the best way from the other subscription boxes I've browsed in the past.

Maybe you don't need an umbrella and you'd rather have wireless headphones, who knows! But you do get the opportunity to decide for some of the items, which is a bonus if you ask me.

Inside the Fall Box:

DSC_0139 (2)

DSC_0146 (2)

A magazine that gives detailed descriptions of the items available for customization, what you received in your box, and thoughtful little blurbs.
DSC_0153 (2)

Crown Pro 6pc Limited Edition Essentials Brush Set (Black and Rose Gold) – valued at $75DSC_0162 (2)

DSC_0166 (2)

Skin & Co Roma Blue in Capri Shower Gel – valued at $22

DSC_0168 (2)

Grown Alchemist Hydra Restore Cream Cleanser – valued at $49

DSC_0177 (2)

Cuccio Yogahhh! Detox Bath – valued at $39.95

DSC_0173 (3)

2 GLAMGLOW Bubble Sheets – valued at $18

DSC_0174 (2)

Beautyblender – valued at $20

DSC_0188 (2)

Simply Whimsical Tea Towels – valued at $14.99

DSC_0176 (2)

Catherine Malandrino Umbrella – valued at $39.99

DSC_0183 (2)

ALFRED Ceramic and Stainless Steel Teapot – valued at $26DSC_0251 (2)

A $50 gift card off a $120 order for first time HelloFresh customers.

DSC_0148 (2)

Luna Rica Bar – a bonus sponsored item

(There's no photo of this because I ate it immediately… Oops!)

fabfitfun

The grand total value of the Fall Fabfitfun box totaled at $354.93!

Overall, I'd give this box a 3.5/5 and here's why. Based on the preferences quiz and custom items I selected to be in the box, I was pretty disappointed with what I had in my box… I felt like I was mainly sent skincare/makeup items, which I had marked as "I hate" in my profile, due to already having enough of those type items. While it IS a great deal and the items are very high quality, I felt like the staff didn't really note the selected answers in my profile.

Another small note, the customer service is decent. But I was sent a wrong item, told replacement had been sent out only to find out weeks later after inquiring again when not receiving it, that it was sold out. The customer service offered a little compensation for the trouble, but not much. Especially since the Vince Caputo Tote which was never sent was valued at over $130. Just don't expect too much if you have hiccups or problems with your order.

I'll probably give Fabfitfun one more chance, but it packs a great value punch and is worth a shot!