INNER CIRCLE EVALUATION

INNER CIRCLE EVALUATION

Your inner circle can determine your success or fall. ( Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise;associate with fools and get in trouble.)

460
INNER CIRCLE EVALUATION

After I watched Inner Circle by Pastor Michael Todd ( to watch click here), then I started to think about my life and started to evaluate my life. Then I realized that the Lord was revealing so many things to me and He said what about my people? At this time, I was done preparing my other article which will be the following one, He told me they need this one first. I just got HYPED! I got HYPED because I have missed hearing my Lord's voice so clearly, it is just a beautiful thing ( I'm Hyped typing this).

Keep in mind that whoever knows about your problems/ struggles/ boy/girlfriend/crush/ talk friend/ work/ class/ who has a say in your life/ anything (THEY ARE considered "YOUR INNER CIRCLE")

This piece is an evaluation, look at the questions and evaluate your inner circle ( take a pen and paper if you have to). Did you know that you are the average of the people closer to you? Believe me, you might not like the results after you take this evaluation, but you must take action if needed. The questions are the following for everyone:

1. Do they love you for who you are or what you can bring to the table?

2. When you are making a bad decision, do they make it with you or do they stop you?

Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise;associate with fools and get in trouble.

3. Do they care about your success or what they will gain from it?

4. Do they tell you what you want to hear or what you need to hear?

Proverbs 28:23 Whoever rebukes a man will later on find more favor than someone who flatters with his words.

5. When you don't take their advice and you make mistakes, do they tell you ( I told you so) before or after they help you) ?

6. Do they put you first or is it always about them?

7. Do they uplift you or pull you down?

8. Do they give you after you give them, or do they show genuine exchange?

9. Do they treat you the same when you are broken/ at a different season of your life?

10. Or do they forget about you until you get back on your feet?

Now if you are a believer you need to look deeper into this matter. Look at the following questions

1. Are they Godly individuals?

It makes a big difference!!!

2. Are they looking at your situations in a Godly manner or do they get emotional with you instead of guiding you?

This is a big one believe me!!!

3. Do they bring you back to the center which is Christ?

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better than one because together they have a good reward for their hard work. If one falls, the other can help his friend get up. But how tragic it is for the one who is all alone when he falls. There is no one to help him get up.

4. Do they pray with and for you?

5. Do they encourage you in your walk with Christ?

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing.

6. Are they waiting for you to fall back into your old self?

7. Will they care if you do or will they laugh at you?

8. Can you be completely vulnerable with them?

Proverbs 27:9 Ointments and perfume encourage the heart; in a similar way, a friend’s advice is sweet to the soul.

9. Do they know your whole truth?

10. Can you be completely honest and transparent with them?

11. Do they know your testimony?

12. How do they see your walk/ do they understand your walk?

13. Do they remind you of who you used to be to shame you or to tell you that you are no longer a slave of sin?

Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

14. Do they share the same belief as you?

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”

15. Are they walking the narrow path as well?

1 Corinthians 5:11 Now, what I meant was that you should not associate with people who call themselves brothers or sisters in the Christian faith but live in sexual sin, are greedy, worship false gods, use abusive language, get drunk, or are dishonest. Don’t eat with such people.

16. Can you hold them accountable?

I hope this evaluation bring light into your life as it did for me, and at times the light can make us feel uncomfortable. I want you to know that it is okay if you don't feel comfortable, I myself feel like that. But, it is one thing when we don't know and another thing when we know and not do anything about it. NOW, I am not telling you to go around and stop talking to all your friends. LISTEN, I AM NOT TELLING YOU THAT. But, WHAT I AM SAYING is after this evaluation, think twice about who you share your thoughts with, think twice about who you share your problems with. I know you like to vent and it feels good, but be careful, and learn to hold your thoughts when needed. Your longtime best friend might not be your Godly inner circle and that is okay, your favorite cousin might not be the appropriate person to be in your inner circle because s/he always tells you what you want to hear and not what you need to hear and that is okay. Now that I gave you all the information that the Father gave me through Pastor Mike by the Holy Spirit, it is up to you to do something with it. But, I really do encourage you, to take a pen and a piece of paper and list the people in your inner circle and evaluate them all. The results might not be pretty, but it will be fine.

I know you might be happy and all that you find out that those people were in your life to drain you and you are like PRAISE THE LORD. BUT, what about YOU? Have you been the greatest to them? Now, go back ( whether you are a follower of Christ or not) and do the same thing you did for them for you, so you can become a better person in their inner circle. A relationship is never a one way street it's always two ways because relationships take two people. If that serves you as an encouragement, my evaluation (for myself) is not the greatest although I consider myself to be a great friend, but I am willing to work on it and be the best friend I could be to all the people that consider me to be part of their inner circles. What about YOU?

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

My dear, I hope this piece brought some enlightenment to your life and help to better your relationships!!!

Xoxo,

DD