To The Incoming Freshmen Awaiting That May 1st Deadline

If you haven't decided yet, especially when it seems like all of your friends or classmates have already, don't worry.
37

May 1st is Decision Day. If you're a high school senior looking to start college in the fall, you better figure out by May 1st where you will be spending your next four years. If you haven't decided yet, especially when it seems like all of your friends or classmates have already, don't worry. If you're debating between schools you have already been accepted to, they won't penalize you if you haven't decided yet, or wait until what seems like the last minute to click that accept button.

You, or maybe your family, might seem to be panicking as you're trying to decide, don't worry. Everything will fall into place.

If you haven't decided because you're stuck with really good choices, that's a good problem to have. If you've been debating this long, it's because you know that all of your options are very good ones and you can't go wrong with whichever school you choose. Picture yourself at these schools, and wherever you think you could spend the next four years. There's not really a wrong choice that you can make, and both schools would be happy to have you as an addition and you'll likely fit well at either option.

If you haven't decided because you didn't get into your dream school, or might just not be happy with your options, that might not make it seem hard. A lot of people end up going to schools that are their "second choice," and end up loving it far more than their expectations ever thought they would.

A lot of people have their heart sets on their reach school, myself included, and if that doesn't pan out, your other options, that may have seemed lesser at first, may end up exactly where you should be. I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, and by not getting into that reach school it may lead you down a better path at another school.

If you're a senior that has decided on their future school, congratulations! Your school is lucky to have you as an addition and I hope that your choice is everything that you hope it will be. These next four years will be a roller coaster, but always think back to that high school senior who was so excited and nervous about this decision, and enjoy it!