12 Thoughts I've Had Waiting In Line At Starbucks

Coffee, coffee, and more coffee?

157

Sometimes getting Starbucks is exactly what you need to turn your day around. A friendly face and a boost of caffeine can do wonders, especially when the stress of school is really bringing you down. I feel like all Starbucks stores are pretty similar, but are all Starbucks experiences the same?

1. Do I really need coffee?

Have I had coffee yet today? Do I have a lot of work to do? More often than not the answer is yes, I do need coffee.

2. Why is the line so long?

The worst part about Starbucks is having to wait for what seems like forever to get your drink.

3. Do I have enough time to wait in this line?

It's sad when you don't have time to run to Starbucks. Also, the walk of shame out of the line when you realize you don't have time to wait is uncomfortable.

4. What should I get?

There are SO MANY options! Coffee or tea? Something strong or something sweet? Hot or iced? And that's not including the different ways you can customize your drink with extra pumps or different kinds of milk. Don't get me started on all the "secret menu" drinks.

5. Should I try something new?

I can't be the only one that gazes at the menu, fully inspired to try something new, then ends up ordering the same thing I always get. Maybe one day I'll be that adventurous.

6. How many Flexdollars do I have left?

Flexdollars are real money, but they don't always feel like it.

7. Is my favorite barista working?

It's always a good day if you get to see your favorite person, but your day will get even better if your favorite person makes you a great drink.

8. Please stop having a conversation -- I have to go to class!

Being friendly is great. I understand you had that professor last semester, and they're probably very nice. However, I am in a time crunch and I would very much appreciate having some coffee to get me through my class. Grumpy, un-caffeinated students like me would very much appreciate if you conversed at a later time.

9. That mug is so cute!

My mug collection would be endless if I impulsively bought every cute mug I saw, but that doesn't mean I can't look and admire the cuteness of the mug displays.

10. Shoot, I'm next and I still don't know what I want!

The panic of realizing you're next to order but you don't know what you're getting because you were too distracted by the pretty mugs is real. And, you don't want to be the person that goes up to the counter and takes forever deciding because you hate that person too.

11. What size?

Is it a venti kind of day?

12. Hey, there's my friend!

Coffee + Friends = Happiness