To Myself In 5 Years

To Myself, In 5 Years

I hope things have gotten better in the last 5 years.

123

To my 24-year-old self,

Right now, things seem like they're in shambles, but I really hope that the struggles I'm having now are gone by the time you're reading this. By this point, you've graduated from college, hopefully with a good GPA and hopefully, you were able to find a good job.

My love life isn't great right now, so hopefully, in the next 5 years, you're able to really get out there.

I also hope that your mental state is better. Things in that area aren't that great right now, but I'm hoping with time, it starts to look up.

Hopefully, the world has gotten better too. I hope that people are more accepting of people's problems and beliefs. It's only been 5 years so I'm sure not a lot has changed, but I hope things have gotten better than they are now.

I just really want you to know that you are so smart and strong. Even when you don't feel like it or you're feeling down, just think about how hard you have worked to get to where you are.

You are your own proof of your strength.

There are a lot of things that are going to go wrong for you, but that's just life. Things just happen that way and you have to do your best to deal with it.

I really wish there was a way for me to talk to you, to get advice from you, to see what things are like, and to just get an idea of how life is going for you at that point.

Sometimes I feel kind of lost and it would just be nice to know if I'm going on the right path and if things will work out for me in the next few years. I guess I'm just kind of looking for some help.