What I'm Doing To Improve My Year

What I'm Doing To Improve My Year

This year I'm trying to correct mistakes I made last year.

11
What I'm Doing To Improve My Year
The Weekly Times

Last year, my Freshman year, I received good grades and was pretty happy with them. But looking back, I could have done much better. This year I've made a "New School Year" resolution to help myself be more successful this year and made changes.

Separating My Room

Last year, my desk was in direct view of the TV and right next to my bed. Half the time, I would half-ass my homework while watching a show or I'd give up and want to take a nap. This year, my bed and TV set up are on one side of the room and my desk is on the opposite side, facing away from the TV. By doing this, I have taken away the desire to distract myself from my work.

The Library

I spent increasing amounts of time in the library last year in order to study and do my homework. Not so surprisingly, it helped me a lot to be away from my room altogether. Not only will I be working in the writing center this year, but I plan to do most of my very important homework such as papers and test studying in the library.

Less Naps

All of my free time in between classes was spent sleeping, trying to catch up and not be as tired. I will try and spend this time actively working on homework or maybe just watching TV. But not simply sleeping, in order to get to sleep on time and be less sleepy throughout the day.

Homework Before Fun

It is important to do your homework, and while I did a good job at getting my assignments done, I often would opt to watch a TV show over doing my work right away. This year I'm going to at least try and do my homework before watching TV, we'll see how that one works out.

Social Life

My social life is important and I'm going to let it be. But last year I had shirked some of my responsibilities in order to hang out with people. This year, my urgent homework will be done before going out and hanging out with my friends.

These seem like simple things to do but they are important to my success in college. I hope this plan will pan out this school year.