7 Reasons Going to an Impromptu Concert is Good for the Soul

Sometimes you just need a spontaneous adventure.

15
Photo by Sebastian Ervi from Pexels

Do you ever get bored with the same routine? Go to school, go to work, go home. Yeah, there are some fun things to do in-town like going to the big games, the bars, etc., but sometimes those aren't enough.

Living in a small college town is great, there's not excessive traffic except for game days. Usually, you can get anywhere you want within 20 minutes, you get to know the locals really well, and so on. However, you miss out on everything the big towns have to offer.

You can always plan on making a girls shopping trip to the city anytime you want, plan a special date night to try that new fancy restaurant or attend that play you've been begging to go to for months, and you can attend that A-list celebrity's concert for outrages prices. But what about that spontaneity that you secretly crave?

It's okay to get bored and want more than what is offered. That's human nature. While we love routines and schedules, we also love surprises and adventures every once in a while. One good way to get that adventure feel is through impromptu concerts.

Here are 7 reasons that prove impromptu concerts and good for the mind, body, and soul.

They are like a leap of faith 

You decided at the last minute to attend this concert, so you are praying that you make it in time to see the opening act. You're taking a leap of faith that everything will work out, that you'll make it in time, and that you'll enjoy yourself. Even if you don't make it in time for the opener, you're either seeing your favorite lowkey band or you're experiencing someone entirely new. Either way, it's unknown how it will go.

They have physical benefits

According to Melodic Magazine, when the music starts and you get excited, your body produces cortisol that reduces your stress. So basically it's like bathing in lavender to reduce your stress, but you don't smell like you've been living in a flower bush and you don't have to spend as much money.

That concert high

Additionally, your body produces endorphins that help block pain and help you feel good. Essentially, you get a concert high for the next few days because you are still producing and processing those good endorphins. I mean, who doesn't like a concert high?

Flying solo is necessary sometimes

So maybe your friends don't wanna go with you. That's okay. Go by yourself. Who says you need a crew to go with you? Yeah, it can be scary to go somewhere all alone, but sometimes you have a better time just on your own. You don't have to worry about someone leaving with some stranger, you don't have to babysit your drunk friends, and you can do whatever you want to afterwards. According to the website cited above, when you attend a concert, you get a feeling of community and connection, leading to a sense of wellbeing. You might be alone but you won't be lonely.

*Tip: Always do research on where you will be going beforehand. While it is okay to go by yourself, you must be careful. Researching the area you will be in, how it is when you plan on attending, and making sure you don't get lost are essential to safe travels. This could take five minutes of googling while you're getting ready to go. Always be sure you are safe when traveling.

Endorphins, man

I say this yet again because they are so true. That concert high you get afterwards can last anywhere from hours to days after the show. You'll be searching and begging for the next one as soon as it's over. Nothing can turn around a bad week like an awesome concert.

It doesn't have to be a concert

You can do anything, randomly taking a weekend road trip, going to the beach, or whatever you enjoy, as long as you can do it and you enjoy it. I personally think that concerts are the best option because shows at smaller venues are relatively cheap and they are almost always occurring.

It doesn't even have to be impromptu

You could start planning and saving for an amazing vacation. It doesn't necessarily have to be impromptu, but I think spontaneous adventures are the best when times are stressful and you don't have the time to plan out a full vacation. Additionally, I feel that offhand events produce more endorphins at the time of the event.

Whether it's going to that new restaurant or driving to the city to see the lights, going on impromptu adventures is a must that we need to add in our daily lives. Concerts are essential to our well being, planned or not.