The Importance Of Spending Quality Time With Family

What most families are missing out on today
1884

Nowadays, there are many distractions in the world. There are the numerous hours of homework, studying, and practicing for sports. Let's not forget everyone's desire to always be on their cellphones. With all the distractions around, how does anybody have any time for their families?

One thing I appreciate more than anything is my parents, who have stressed the importance of spending time with loved ones. Not only does quality time create a non-judgmental atmosphere, where one can truly enjoy themselves, but it also creates an atmosphere of trust. I know that no matter what happens in my life, I will be able to tell my family about it and I will not be judged about the situation. I also know that they will help me through the problem because no matter what, they will always love me.

Quality family time creates a sense of values. By spending quality time with one's family, one starts to learn how to be a loyal person. If you have plans with friend A and friend B comes along with better plans, you do not cancel your plans with friend A. If you make plans, stick to them. You also learn a sense of maturity. By constantly being around adults that have already experienced similar life situations that you are experiencing, you have the chance to understand the situation through their viewpoint and go about acting on your situation without making the same mistakes they did.

Another important quality is stability. Quality family time creates a balance in one's life. You will always know that if you ever need something, your family will always be there for you. With all of the craziness in your life, your family will continue to be the foundation that you can always lean on for support.

Not only is quality family time with one's immediate family important, but also with one's extended family. Having a feeling of acceptance from not only the people you live with every day, but also, from the people you call your family is a wonderful feeling. It's like going downstairs to gifts on Christmas morning and realizing you have even more gifts. Your immediate family can provide you with all of their love, but your extended family can provide the same amount of love, making you feel like the luckiest person in the world. It means double the support system, double the laughter, and double the memories (maybe even triple, if you have a big family like me). Spending time with family creates a sort of utopia, wherein those few days that you are together, nothing else that is happening in your life matters. All that matters is what is right there in front of you: your loved ones.

When looking back at my life, I will always remember the countless family vacations I took where I would laugh non-stop with my parents and brothers about stupid things that no one else would understand, the year's worth of laughter that I received at the annual family reunion, and the holidays where everyone made an effort to be together, no matter what part of their lives they were at. I have been blessed to be a part of such an amazing family and the memories I have with every single one of them will live in my heart forever. I hope that when I finally decide to have a family of my own, this sense of quality family time will be past down to my own kids so that they can experience all of the love and laughter I will cherish and continue to experience for the rest of my life.