Poetry On Odyssey: Your Imperfections Are Beautiful

If I see myself as a flower, I would see how beautiful my imperfections are.

205

I recently wrote a poem to inspire myself to think positively. I thought I should share this with someone who doesn’t believe their imperfections are beautiful.

I am art.

I have stretch marks that look like mallows.

I have acne that looks like azaleas,

I am playful like daisies and require

Patience like the foxgloves.

And just like them, I am the royalty of my garden.

Beauty lies in everything, especially our imperfections.

Having my flaws make me who I am. I am unique

Just like flowers and I want to blossom with happiness

And hope. A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and

I can not grow without love.

If I see myself as a flower,

I would see how beautiful my imperfections are.

There are still days when I don’t see my beauty, and I compare

myself to others, but remember that comparison is the number one

Thief of joy. I learned that if we compare ourselves with others,

We lose all focus to improve ourselves and our journey to

Blossoming slows down.

And when I stop comparing myself to others,

my garden isn’t dull, it is filled with hues from red to violet to pink.

Everyone has some flaws and it doesn't have to be seen as a negative thing. You should love them. Beauty also lies in many other things, like nature, more specifically flowers. If you viewed yourself as a flower, maybe it will be easier to see how beautiful your imperfections truly are. If you don’t believe me, take a look:

Birthmarks/ Stretch marks:

Acne:

Body shapes:

Large

Small

Hairy:

Scars/veins in different places:

Discoloration:

Not all bodies look the same and your beauty is not comparable, you’re beautiful just like flowers!