Finding Your Perfectly Imperfect Person

Finding Your Perfectly Imperfect Person

No one is perfect, but someone will be perfectly imperfect for you.

1538
Finding Your Perfectly Imperfect Person

Finding your perfectly, imperfect person

Some people will criticize you for "being too picky" or say things like "the perfect person doesn't exist." The goal isn't to find the perfect person. The goal is to find the perfect person for you. Everyone's definition of perfect is different. My definition's going to be completely different than the person next to me. I believe there's so much beauty in that. Society puts in our heads certain characteristics that an ideal person should have - someone who is financially stable, doesn't make mistakes, and always does the right thing. We're all looking for different things in life. I'm looking for my perfectly imperfect person.

Photo by Everton Vila on Unsplash

My perfect person is someone who has flaws. We all have flaws, so how would I expect someone else to be flawless when I am covered in them as well. We all have toxic traits that we need to work on - my idea of a perfect person is someone who fails and fails miserably, but still decides to get back up and try again. A person who's always striving to be better in all aspects of life - understanding we all have weaknesses and things we need to improve on. My perfect person is someone who calls me out on my mistakes and helps me become a better person and vice versa.

Photo by Callum Shaw on Unsplash

My perfect person is someone who realizes that obstacles will surface. My goal isn't to find the most flawless person on the planet. My goal is to find my perfectly imperfect person. Someone who makes mistakes and learns from them. Someone who isn't afraid to fail. Someone who understands that life is going to come with challenges. Your significant other should be there to encourage you through these challenging times. Sometimes your significant other isn't going to know what to do and that's okay. Everyone is learning and growing. My perfect person is someone who may not have the answers but is supportive and understanding nonetheless.

Photo by Eric Ward on Unsplash

Sometimes being single is discouraging. You start to wonder if there's something wrong with you or if you're ever going to find your person - especially if everyone around you is in a relationship. Everyone's on a different path. As much as you try, there's simply not a time schedule for this thing called life. Some people find their person at 16 and some people find their person after college. No one's story is the same, and that's so beautiful. To all the single individuals who are frustrated with their dating life, don't lose hope. Continue being who you are, and don't change for anyone. The worst thing you can do is lose yourself trying to please someone else. Your perfectly imperfect person will encourage you to be your true authentic self and love every one of your flaws.

I think that society and movies have a significant influence on what we are looking for in relationships. There will be little arguments here and there. The goal isn't to breeze through life without ever facing a challenge. It's how you handle those challenges that count. It's how you communicate and fix problems that matter. Problem-solving is the key ingredient to all aspects of life, whether that be problem-solving in a job or in a relationship. To be perfect is unrealistic. To be perfectly imperfect is simply being human.