How The Impeachment Of President Trump Would Lead To Tyranny
Politics

Trump should not be impeached for the sake of the good of America.

95
ABC News

The argument in favor of the impeachment of President Donald Trump has gained increasing support as of late from various left-wing organizations and pushed by the mainstream media, who argue that the president has acted irresponsibly and violated the law. The premise of the argument is the revelation that Donald Trump may have shared classified information with the Russian foreign minister. This in conjunction with ongoing unsubstantiated rumors of collusion with state-sponsored entities has garnered the criticisms of the liberal media and left-wing organizations. Based on the facts, even the talk of impeachment of President Donald Trump would not just be irresponsible, but an overreach of power by Congress.

The power of impeachment is an enormous responsibility which has been given to Congress in order to faithfully uphold law and order in the United States of America and provides the Congress with a check of the Presidents power. This power not only holds the president responsible for his actions and the actions of his staff but also makes sure the president does not break a written law that has been passed by congress and signed by a previous President. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, impeachment means, “to charge (a public official) before a competent tribunal with misconduct in office.” If Congress was to begin an impeachment trial for Donald Trump, proof would have to be provided that the President broke a written law. This would mean, any law passed by Congress or any law written in the Constitution. What law did President Trump break by sharing classified information with a minister of a foreign country? The correct answer is He didn’t. There is no law stating that the President of the United States is not allowed to share classified information, in fact, the Executive Branch decides what information is classified, and thus has the authority to declassify information at will. Conjecture from the New York Times and the Washington Post is merely unsubstantiated rumor and proves nothing and shows the immense unadulterated, unbridled power of the press.

Let’s examine the firing of FBI Director James Comey. Yet another example of authority well within the Presidents power as head of the Executive Branch. The President is allowed to fire officials that he deems unfit for duty and replace them with Congressional Approval. Therefore, any attempt at impeachment would not only be fruitless, but it would be a major step towards tyranny as no crimes have been committed by the President.

The thought of the impeachment of President Trump frightens me, as I see it as Congress would be undermining the results of the election of the United States of America, in which the fifty states voted and elected Donald Trump. There was nothing unfair about it; there is no proof of voter suppression or Russian hacking. There is no proof of fraudulent voting. Simply stated, by the rules of our elections here in the United States, through the Electoral College representatives we vote to elect, Donald Trump won, fair and square. If Congress impeaches Donald Trump based off of popular opinion swayed by an unchecked and partisan press, then our legislative branch along with our elections would suffer loss of all legitimacy. Just because more people disagree with Donald Trump than voted for him, does not mean we now have the authority to remove him from power. If a leader has not violated the Constitution of the United States of America or deliberately disobeyed an acting law, there is no valid reason that a President should be removed.

In conclusion, President Trump has not violated any existing laws or amendments during his presidency. This means that Congress has no legitimate reason to impeach him and remove him from power. As a nation, we must realize that just because we disagree with one of our leaders politically, does not mean we have a valid reason to remove them from power. If you do not like Donald Trump as the president of the United States, then simply don’t vote for him in 2020. This being said, do not encourage other elected officials to abuse their power to enforce law and order, just so you can remove someone from office. Once we see Congress using powers of impeachment to remove a leader they disagree with is when we will truly see tyranny.