I'm Thick & Comfortable With My Body

I'm Thick And Comfortable With My Body

My thick body is my summer body.

145
I'm Thick And Comfortable With My Body
Laura Wright

So here we are, it's June and summer has finally approached us here in Michigan. So it's the famous diet season and everyone is trying their best to be swimsuit ready.

Then there's me.

I have come to terms with life and learned to love what I have been given. If you don't like what you see, then look away- I don't have time for your negativity.

Don't get me wrong, though, I do keep active. I swim and walk, but I like to eat, and salads are not on the menu for this girl. So don't tell me what I should be putting in my body.

Just because I am part of the plus-size community doesn't mean we should have to cover up. Why can't we show some skin too and feel good about it? Society needs to get their shit together and understand that BEAUTY IS NOT ONE SIZE!

We need to build each other up and stop comparing one another.

And to the people writing about how we can also get a summer body like yours...really? Not all of us are about to lose weight super fast or want to lose weight. Why can't my fluffy, confident body be a summer body?

Isn't confidence key?Just feel good in your own body, and rock what you got.

I can tell you it wasn't easy to get where I am. I have dealt with an eating disorder and listening to society tell me I'm fat and that has brought down my confidence, but I have grown to love how I look and rock what I got.

So if you don't like what you see, look away.

It doesn't matter if you're a size 2 or 22, you can be healthy as long as you're taking care of your body, working out, and telling yourself 'I love you' instead of taking in the negativity of beauty standards.