I'm A Season Rusher, And I'm Proud Of It

To all you anti-Christmas before Thanksgiving peeps.

20

I’m a season rusher, and I’m proud of it.

Christmas is the best time of the year – why would anyone not want to rush into it? Christmas is a time of joy, warmth, and love. It’s a time where families are reunited. It’s a trip down memory lane. It’s a time where we get to celebrate the good Lord (despite technicalities), and what could be better than that?

Our breath glistens in the air. Gingerbread and pine fill the house, and the sound of the fireplace draws people in. Christmas reinforces my love for home.

I spend my days hanging out with family and friends. I spend my nights reading my favorite winter time novels (aka "Pride and Prejudice").

Present shopping is my favorite. The care and love that goes into picking each present warms my heart. It’s a time where my family can go out together and think of ways to make others we care about, well, cheerful.

Christmas is a time where I am reminded of endless happy days. What is possibly better than spending time with people who care about you?

I’m a season rusher because I get a glimpse of my next batch of happy days. I feel like I am one step closer to days of warmth and comfort.

And so, yes, I’m that kid that rushes into Christmas. I blast those holiday jingles; I mean, who doesn’t like "Mistletoe" by Justin Bieber? I deck out my room with ornaments and lights. I stuff my face with cookies and candy canes.

To all you “no Christmas before Thanksgiving” peeps, you do you. But let us Christmas enthusiasts enthuse.