I'm Not Graduating And That's Okay
Education

I'm Not Graduating On Time, And That's OK

I believe that it's never too late for success, no matter your age or where you're at in life, you can always strive for success.

104
https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2017/08/09/01/03/graduation-2613180_1280.jpg

I'm 23, a mom, and a sophomore in college.

It can be a little upsetting at the fact that I'm only in my second year of school, while most of the people I graduated high school with are now graduating college. Sometimes I feel like I've wasted time in my life or I made mistakes. But I wouldn't be where I am without certain things falling through and giving me the opportunities I now have to better myself.

I believe that it's never too late for success, no matter your age or where you're at in life, you can always strive for success. And no matter what, graduating is a huge deal, no matter how long it took to get there. Life happens, you may change your major, which I've done, you may have a child, also done, or maybe you just took time off.

It can take you 4 years or 8, but completing is always going to be the end goal, making all the hard work worth it, and quitting should never be an option. It's normal to struggle or fail a class; no one said college was easy.

It's okay to need to slow down, maybe retake a class you didn't do well in. I decided not to compare myself to those who are walking across the stage this month. Instead, I'm focusing on me and the hard work I'm putting in. And I won't let the fact that I'm not graduating from college this month upset me, because I'm going to graduate.

I will graduate, I will get my dream job, and I will succeed.