I’m Not Ashamed For Using “I Love You” As A Common Phrase

Just because I say it often, doesn't mean it's lost it's meaning.

68
https://unsplash.com/photos/oZSDI44GwKU

I love love. I love emotions and connections to others. All of my friendships and relationships are built on emotional bonds. I think that's super important. It's what makes something last.

I say "I love you" to everyone I'm close to. I know some people think it's a more intimate phrase and should only be said to your significant other or maybe your family members, but I strongly disagree.

Yes, I can agree with the fact that you should tell your family members and your significant other that you love them, but it shouldn't stop there. Tell your closest friends, and even just your mutual ones.

The way I see it, if someone was to leave your life and you couldn't speak to them or see them ever again and that would upset you or be hard for you, you love them. No, it's not the same love that you'd have for your boyfriend or girlfriend, but it's still love. That's a concept I think many people don't understand. There are different types of love.

I've told many people that I love them before and they've become so taken aback by it or uncomfortable by it. It's not a relationship "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" type love. It's an "I'm so thankful for having you in my life" and an "I don't know what I'd do without you" type of love.

The world needs more love, but so many people are genuinely scared by that four-letter word. I wish we could normalize emotions. I wish it was normalized to say I love you and say it often.

There are so many people in this world that are going through their own things that they don't want to talk to others about. How much of a difference do you think it'd make if you told them that you love them and are thankful that they're present in your life? Could it be the difference between life and death?

So many people feel as if they're alone in this world. That they don't have anyone close and no one is truly there for them. I've been there before, and it's a dark, lonely place. One of the reasons I came out of it was because one of my dear friends told me how impactful I've been in their life.

Now, I don't ever hesitate to be thankful for others and everything they do. I don't hesitate to be emotionally vulnerable and tell others exactly how I feel. I don't hesitate to say I love you.

I compliment my friends often. I tell them how much they mean to me and express my favorite things about them. I don't hesitate to tell a stranger I like their outfit or I think their hairstyle is cute. You never know what someone else is going through and how much they may need to just hear something positive. Don't hold back.

Love wholeheartedly. Love unconditionally. Love unashamed. Life is so beautiful. People are so beautiful. Appreciate and give thanks for who and what is around you.