I'm A City Girl Don't @ Me

I'm A City Girl Don't @ Me

Always have been, always will be.

96

I'm not sure if it's a vibe I give off or if people can see right through me, but I recently had a conversation with someone and when she asked if I wanted to go camping with her, she immediately took it back and said, "Why am I asking you that? You don't seem like the camping type."

Yes, that'd be correct. There is not one bone in my body that is begging to sleep in the woods for a night or two just to...what? Be one with nature?

Thanks but no thanks.

I'd much rather sleep in my own bed where my biggest fear is whether or not my pillow will stay the right temperature throughout the night.

Hiking is another outdoor activity I stay as far away from as possible. I'm the girl who buys hunting boots because they look good with a particular outfit, never would I ever use them to actually go hiking. Who does that?!

The thought of getting physically dirty is a thought I'd rather not have.

I once did a tough mudder race and refused to complete an obstacle that involved crawling through the mud because the very thought of getting mud all over me made my skin crawl. I probably should've realized there would be mud involved by reading the title that clearly stated it was a "tough mudder challenge."

I must've been too busy online shopping.

Don't even get me started on caring for animals, that's just not in the cards for me. Do I look like the kind of girl who would get up at 5 a.m. to milk the cows or get the eggs from the chicken? That lifestyle is for a select few...and I am not one of those few.

I try to avoid manual labor, I enjoy shopping a little too much, and I'm not the one you ask to go on a scenic jog through the woods with you. If you change a tire, I'll hold the tools for you, but that's about as helpful as I'll be.

To put it in perspective, I'm definitely more Gossip Girl than Friday Night Lights.

Call me crazy but there's something about the city that makes my heart race.

You never really know what you'll see or who you'll meet. You can have a new experience every day if that's what you want. The hustle and bustle never get old. The diversity and culture that can only be found in big cities just add to the fascination of it all.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of walking through the streets, shoulder to shoulder with strangers, looking up and seeing nothing but buildings.

When someone asks me where I see myself in 5-10 years, the city is always part of my plans.