I'm A Christian, But...

I'm A Christian, But...

You can still have your own voice within your religion.

9
I'm A Christian, But...
reviveinc.org

I claim to be Christian myself but I don't necessarily specify with a church. I grew up going to a ton of churches around my city, but never found "the one". With that said, I follow up on praying and writing and practicing versus in journals. Growing up in the Bible Belt itself, I have learned to come up with my own voice within my religion, and no matter what anyone says I know that at the end of the day, when I pray before bed, that God loves what I have done with what he has given me in life. I wouldn't change anything that has been put in front of me.

I'm a Christian, but I support the LGBT community. I have always supported this group through the years, and the fact that I have seen same sex couples get married where ever they please blows my mind. I thought I wouldn't be able to see this until I was well into adulthood. God wants us to love others therefore I have no right to judge someone I barely know to begin with. Even if some say this is a "sin" (which loving is not), Jesus died for our sins anyway, we're all sinners, and it's up to them to decide what is sinning and what isn't.

I'm a Christian, but I believe in striving for women rights. Some may say that "good" Christian women "know their places", but my place could be in an executive office, or a doctor's chair, or wherever I may please. It is no one's choice except mine and God's on where I may go in life. He will lead me down the path that I need or deserve and that has nothing to do with men or women who see me as a specific profession. Women and girls should not be demeaned because of any faith that they may have. God wants to see you strive and help others not be unhappy.

2016 seems to be the year for transgender discussion. I, for one, agree with Target's new bathroom policy. Trust me, if someone really wanted to go into the opposite sex's bathroom to harm someone, they would. And it wouldn't seem right to have a born female who looks like a male in the women's bathroom now would it? Therefore, I don't see how God could turn away from his child that just wants to be themselves.

I'm a Christian, but not everyone else has to be. I would love for everyone to be saved and to see Jesus with me some day, but that's not what everyone wants, and that's okay. Different cultures have their own faiths and gods or even others don't believe in anything. I'm an open person, and open with talking about religion, we shouldn't be afraid to speak of anything we believe in let alone our faith system. Above all, no one should belittle someone for what they believe in; I'm more than happy to help guide someone toward Jesus, or we could have separate paths. It's not about who they believe in; it's how they believe in it. I believe everyone deserves to be loved and cherished on God's earth, whereas others conform to stereotypes and bash or harm others for different opinions. We live in such a diverse world in the 21st century and we should gain from that, not destroy it.

I live my life trying to do my best not to judge others, be a better me then the day before, and to help the people around me. That's what God intended for humanity from the very beginning. Not so that people could go around hurting one another, and most certainly not so that claimed Christian could mentally and physically hurt people. Because whether or not you agree with someone and you're a Christian (or of another faith), the person or people on the other end of your actions or words could be of the same faith as you.

Remember to think everything out before you say it aloud or put it on the internet. Don't be someone else's judge, because that's what God is for; live in your own world.