Illusion and Control

Illusion and Control

Communication And Truth

7
Illusion and Control
Buzz South Africa

Everyone wants to goof off. People want to have fun, be free, see the world and never be restrained. But the world seems smaller now. Blank edges are illustrated for us. It’s everywhere you go. Things amount to the same. Again and again, wherever we are we focus on problems. We never do anything about them. We pretend they don’t exist, that we are not miserable, that the world is a paradise. It can be but as of the moment, what we believe are just dreams, not yet translated into action out of some misplaced cowardice and sense of weakness as if silence can save you. Victims don’t act. It’s why there are victims. Letting people walk all over you won’t change them. It gives them an excuse to cheat, humiliate and take advantage. That’s the problem with compromise. Start being complacent, and before you realize it, there’s nothing left. No, not even some extra food. They tend to throw those away. “Nobody is starving” they said. “If no pay, no food.” Maybe I’m daft but the constant reminder of racism is beginning to take it’s toll on everyone. What society has created is a world paranoid of itself. It’s scared of its own shadow, no one dares lift the lid open. No one wants to speak. No one wants to be the devil’s advocate. There are a few souls but people don’t listen when truth is served. It’s too bitter. They prefer sweet, the kind which rot teeths and gives heart attacks, further proof people have a death wish they don’t want to confront. Our time alive is limited because to be immortal is to not feel how precious life is. But we search in vain for that Elixir of Life, the Philosopher’s Stone from ancient shamans, philosophers, alchemists, people who possess extraordinary gifts.We want answers fast. We don’t think. We watch crap and don’t care. We eat with no thought to nutrition. There are so few who seem to stand up and scream and protest and show, it’s not enough. It’s never enough. Then everyone starts blaming everyone else, listing faults, being annoying little turds with about as much to say about anything as a priest preaching sermons but don’t practice what he says. No one wants to shoulder the burden. Round up everyone and the only thing a mob will do is point and ridicule each other. Then the police steps in, guns a-blazing, like the shows they watch where killing someone by accident is funny but when someone kills police, it’s harassment of the highest order sanctioned from on-high by judges wearing ridiculous wigs. Then it’s genocide time on both fronts. And not a single one learns anything except violence is an easy solution. They then replicate it, escalate it until someone backs down and somehow blames their victims for the massacre. The entire internet screams. Voices top each other until hoarse. And nothing is resolved. Protests mount, fear strangles those in Ivory Towers, watching the world and noticing that everything seems to resemble little cockroaches and think nothing of it. Then depression sets in. Despair becomes a constant companion. Suffering seems the only way to live. And when people kill themselves people can’t understand. Analysts show statistics, politicians give promises, scientists research and assume. Each one concludes something different. Not one thought of sharing, collaborating or seeing connections, correlations, all leading to the fact that the system is flawed and in need of revision, much like the history swallowed by billions who still believe that white supremacy is the only world available and accept the fact like some hard, concrete proof they deserve to be slaves. And that the world has always been static and incapable of change. Mis-education has made a lot of problems. Propaganda after propaganda, telling us what to do, how to think. Don’t fight, instead do something else. Words become twisted, reversed, distorted and spread with as much understanding as a drunk kid who got alcohol because everyone says it’s cool. Everyone therefore gets the wrong idea. Then the behaviour gets enforced. Now beer has become a ritual as much as vodka has become the pinnacle of being masculine, alongside sexual conquests which rate the highest number of partners as the best man. It’s how men are conditioned to behave as if the world owed them a lot of things. Rare are the ones who think things through. Such brave souls are labeled and decried as strange as if to follow stereotypes is the height of social identity. This is of course done so people won’t get ideas. Creativity expands minds and challenges structures. No government would want that. Rebels don’t fit with their concepts of simplistic good and evil. And the fear drives them to act rushly without thinking. Now the eyes of the majority are haunting them. There’s no place to hide anymore. The past is coming back to bite, to tear, to consume those who have turned a blind eye for so long. Hundreds of years did people of color suffer in the dark alongside a few allies who have accepted the unfair treatment and instead fought those who continue spreading the wrong things. It’s as if the revolution slept for decades until the internet came along. And suddenly, the disenfranchised started getting the power of information. What was once controlled by the upper classes, is now democratized. Blogs, websites, forums. The voices of millions shape the digital landscape. The tool has become honed as a way of correcting wrongs, of exacting justice, of spreading ideas, of showing a better, more beautiful way of seeing. It can also be a bit juvenile, fearful, confused, chaotic in all the wrong ways. But communication enables people to come together and decide and maybe, take action. Sooner or later, if things don’t change soon, people won’t stand by any longer. It’s been happening for a long time. But now that there are so many options to share, to criticize and to show, the truth is becoming heard. The lies prove ineffective and silence is no longer an option. When one voice dies, millions take their place. Riots, protests, demands. These things will only increase. The more people understand, the more they will rage and act and scream until changes are made. And we won’t stop. It will continue, from now until eternity, united by the cries of freedom and justice. Dissent, disobedience, deviance. We haven’t begun to fight. No one, not even those who are sure they’re untouchable, can hide. All they will be doing is prolonging the agony of all. Not everyone, however, will want to fight, to be involved. They’re rather go online, rant, and waste time. But that’s what we want. Then we complain, wait then wonder how things became this bad. No one paid attention. It’s easy to dream, to dismiss and to pretend but where’s the value in that? Blind is blind. And those who sit and accept with quiet frustration, only spread more of the unfairness we all taste. Then again, why worry until it’s too late? It’s going to be ironic how everything ends if people don’t do anything. It’s as if only when people are dead do all unite but in silence. Let’s hope heaven is real, even though it will probably be lame there since paradise offers no excitement, no risks, no music, no meaning and no wonder. It’s order without chaos, safety over mystery and chance. But people change. And there’s no such thing as too late. To be late is to be dead. To live is to fight, to survive, to struggle. And that’s just the way it is.