I'll Always Be A Daydreamer

I'll Always Be A Daydreamer

No matter how old I get, I'll never get sick of getting lost in the clouds.

86
I'll Always Be A Daydreamer
Stocksnap

Sometimes I just like to stare up at the sky and imagine the unknown. I love to sit in the backseat of a car and stare out the window as the fields pass me by. I'm a meticulous daydreamer. I find solace in it. A sort of comfort in the endless possibilities.

For as long as I can remember, I've been one to get lost in the clouds. I would catch myself more often than not, unaware of the chaos happening around me. There was yelling and screaming, but I blocked it all out. I let myself drift away. I let my mind wander. Because, in all honesty, sometimes my daydreams seemed better than reality. Sometimes I would sit on a bench and stare up at the sky as the world passed me by. But, as I've grown older, I've become more aware of reality. I've found myself daydreaming less, and being worn out more. I've found that I've lost my desire to dream about the possibilities, because I've become so content in the typical.

But, there are still those moment. Moments when I catch myself once again staring up into the sky and wondering. Wondering what else is out there outside my own comfort-zone, outside the typical I have become so accustom to. I lose myself in the excitement and the adventure that the horizon could offer me. But, for some reason, I always seem to blink away my dreams.

Why do I think that dreaming is something that should not be apart of my everyday life? Maybe I see it as child's play, or something else that is apart of my past. But, truthfully, I think dreaming scares me just a little bit. I find that when I get lost in the beauty of the picturesque horizon, I open myself up to possibilities that are far outside my comfort-zone.

But, I do not need to fear the dreams that fill my head. In fact, Everyone should feel free to dream. To dream big and with courage. To stare off into the distance and let your mind wander. Wander into the unknown and catch a glimpse of endless opportunities that lay just beyond the horizon.

So, I sit here and stare out the window. As my fingers glide across the keyboard, I can't help but get lost in the clouds. My fingers stop and I open myself up to the opportunity. The opportunity to dream, to imagine, if just for a moment, of the wondrous future that God has planned for my life.

The clouds roll by and the sun shines on my awestruck face. With a child-like wonder, I get lost in the unknown and for the first time in a very long time, I let my dreams overwhelm me. I let my mind wander.