Experience A Taste of Two Cultures In 'Ikoku Meiro No Croisée'
Television Streaming

This anime shows that when two cultures blend, something new and great will come out from the blend.

69
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9iIRq9S7fY

When I was a sophomore in high school, I watched this anime called "Ikoku Meiro no Croisée." It means the crosswords between two foreign labyrinths. I watched this anime because I like one of the songs from the anime. The song was "Tomorrow's Smile" by A.M.U. The song was very good and I have seen a video of the song with pictures from the anime. The pictures looked interesting and cute. I had a feeling that I should watch the anime. After watching the first episode, I enjoyed the anime. I even like the ending song called "Koko Kara Hajimaru Monogatari" by Nao Tayoma. The song title means the story that starts here.

The anime is about a Japanese girl named Yune who lives in France. She is originally from Japan. She accompanies Oscar Claudel on his journey back to France. She is also willing to help him in his iron shop. She meets his grandson, Claude, who at first refuses to show care for her and later develops a strong bond with her. Even though they have little in common, they still understand each other.

Yune also meets a rich girl named Alice Blanche who is very friendly with her. Claude, however, holds a grudge on Alice and her family because of their different social status. Surprisingly, Alice's older sister Camille has a crush for Claude since childhood. It is their different social status that forbids them to be together. Even though she sees that Claude might like Yune instead, she is still friendly to Yune and wishes the best for her younger sister.

The most important element in this anime is two cultures blending with each other. Yune is an interesting person that the other characters want to learn about. Oscar and Alice are interested in the Japanese culture and learning many things about it from Yune. Claude is confused about Yune's behavior and mannerisms, but gets along with her throughout the anime. This anime shows that when two cultures blend, something new and great will come out from the blend.

The sad part about this anime is that the writer and illustrator, Hinata Takeda, died in January 2017 from an unknown disease. Because of her death, the manga cannot be finished. This manga has been going on since June 29, 2006. It is sad that a story that has been going on for many years remains unfinished. I never read the manga, but I only watch the anime. I believe that the anime gives me a great portrayal of the manga's plot.