Ignore The Noise

Ignore The Noise

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

297
Ignore The Noise
Wikia

Put an end to the negativity. Whether it's the environment, the pessimistic individuals surrounding you or the way you think about yourself; break the cycle. This challenging world is full of criticism, and some people will look for any chance they get to point out and analyze your flaws. It's often difficult to perceive the comments and opinions of others. Negative comments can affect your mood if you care too much about them. In these situations, ignore the negative comments of others and continue to do the best you can. On the other hand, constructive criticism is a positive aspect, and you can gain valuable feedback and benefit from positive advice. It's important to pick and choose which feedback is going to help you in a positive way. Below are several aspects to remember when you find yourself subject to negative criticism and opinions of others.

1. People tend to share their bad mood

It's pretty common these days for people to rub off their negative emotions on someone else. They could be upset about a personal situation or just a bad day in general. Therefore, anything they say is not personal but the product of one's bad day. Don't take their negative comments too hard and enjoy your day.

2. It's not you

It's good to remember that not everything others say or think are about you. In other words, people will criticize what they don't understand and a lot of what others say are their personal understandings of a situation. You can't change the way another person perceives things, but you can ignore harmful words that hold you back and ruin your day.

3. Be confident in who you are

You need to remember that no one else knows your strengths, weaknesses, nature, beliefs and values more than you do. Don't take a petty comment that a stranger or even an acquaintance says to heart, because many people have different views and opinions. Practice being more open-minded to the opinions of others because there will always be someone who has different views than you. Be bold and believe in yourself regardless of what others may say.

4. Pick and choose what advice you choose to listen to

Another method is to sift through criticism and decipher what comments are true and what is a lie. It's so beneficial to continue learning from positive and negative situations. However, you know yourself better than anyone else and ultimately have the ability to either learn from or ignore advice.

5. Don't allow others to ruin your day

Sometimes you just have to remove yourself from negative situations altogether. It's up to you if you allow someone to make you feel a certain way. Don't tolerate the negativity and stand up for yourself and accept yourself just the way you are. Be polite and hold your head up high, because if you stand firm that takes away their power.