If Each Of Your Friends Were Donuts

If Each Of Your Friends Were Donuts

If you're a glazed, I'm a glazed...donut that is.

179
If Each Of Your Friends Were Donuts
Unsplash

I never really understood different kinds of friends. I thought everyone always had their best friends, and everyone else was on a second tier of friendship. However, as I got older I found that there were more and more types of friends you could have. On a recent trip to Bill's Donut Shop (a University of Dayton staple) I discovered so many similarities to type of friends you have and different types of donuts.

1. The Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Icing

This friend of yours is exactly as extra as the donut. The rich stories they tell match the density of the donut they embody. These donuts and friends are great for parties, but they can be overwhelming if indulged too frequently.

2. The Rainbow Sprinkle

Let's face it: this donut is pretty. These are those friends of yours who have pristine Instagram aesthetic. Sprinkled donuts and friends are undeniably charismatic. So classic you can't help but hope having them in your social media will get you more traffic.

3. Maple Bacon Madness

This donut is that friend you have, but your not reall sure how or why you became friends. Just like this donut combines savory with sweet your friendship is the definition of opposites attracting. The key to this friendship is balance, like all good maple bacon donuts.

4. Boston Cream Filled

This donut is the friend that surprised you. Like a Boston Cream donut this friend revealed something new and exciting in your life; maybe they were shy until you got to know them or maybe they are a secret double agent for the FBI. Boston Cream donuts show how friendships can always lead to new chapters in our lives.

5. THE Classic Glaze

The original donut. The be all, end all of donuts. This friend is the one who sticks with you throughout the years. The classic glazed donut is THE best friend you could ever have, and much like a classic glazed donut from Bill's, never disappoints.

So, it's okay to like all donuts; it's okay to like all people. All donuts are beautiful. And if you haven't already, I hope you find your Glazed Donut.