If the Characters of Grey's Anatomy Had Starred in Hamilton

Some people blow us away by saving lives and others just blow us all away.

44
Annie Leibovitz

Two shows. Multiple characters. Similar characteristics.

Grey's Anatomy and Hamilton on Broadway. You may be asking yourself how these two could be anything alike, but when we get down to the root of both amazing shows, we find similarities among the characters. They are strong and soft, stubborn and gullible, and sometimes should learn to talk less and smile more. So, just for fun, here is a list of characters from Grey's and their Hamilton twins.

1. Meredith Grey and Angelica Schuyler

Both women are strong and have an overwhelming sense of independence. They tend to put other people before themselves when it comes to the things that are most important in life. When someone they love is in trouble, they drop what they're doing to be there for them. For example, when Angelica learns of Hamilton's affair, she sails from England to be there for her sister. Throughout all of Grey's, Meredith is always there for Christina, even when words aren't needed.

2. Christina Yang and Alexander Hamilton

These two could arguably be the two strongest characters in each show. Hamilton does whatever he has to to survive and leave a legacy behind him that he hopes he will be great. Even when Christina doesn't mean to be, she's a shark. She looks out for herself and she works tirelessly to make a name for herself, a name that will be remembered.

3. Lexie Grey and John Laurens

Both people are so soft and gentle. They aren't afraid to speak up for what they think is right and what they believe in. They had big hearts, they loved often and both of their lives were cut much too short by a tragic death that everyone around them felt deeply.

4. Arizona Robbins and Maria Reynolds

Both women were undeniably beautiful. They were smart and they were also conniving. Arizona left Callie behind to chase her dreams when Callie would have done anything for her and then later has an affair that ruins their marriage and causes much heartache and pain. Maria Reynolds weaseled her way into Hamilton's life and essentially destroyed it once she told her husband about their affair.

5. Izzie Stevens and John Reynolds

At first glance, this doesn't really seem like a pair that fits. However, upon closer inspection they are more alike than one might think. Mr. Reynolds takes advantage of the knowledge he's gained so that he can put himself in a better position. He essentially blackmails Hamilton into helping him so that Hamilton can continue is affair. Izzie is almost the same, in a way. She does what she needs to do to get ahead, and even once to save Denny's live, without regard for anyone else or what might happen to them.

6. Callie Torres and Eliza Schuyler

Both of these women loved someone so much more than themselves that they were blinded by that love. They looked past the imperfections, perhaps even the warning signs, and ended up in a world of hurt and heartache because of it. However, both women emerged stronger and faced any battle that ever came at them head on and like they weren't afraid. Both women lost someone they love in an unexpected and tragic way and still were able to find the courage to keep going.

7. Bokhee and Peggy Schuyler

Wait? Who? Are you sure you aren't just making these people up now? Bokhee is in every season of Grey's Anatomy and has had barely any lines but she is an essential part of the show. The same goes for Peggy. We don't know much about her but without her, Hamilton wouldn't have been complete.

8. Miranda Bailey and Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson and Bailey were both people who were relatively private about their personal lives, making it hard to really get close to them. Both were strong leaders once put into a position of power and made a difference in most all of the lives they touched. Both were ambitious, setting goals for themselves and doing whatever it took to reach those goals.

9. Richard Webber and George Washington

I think the comparisons between these two men may never cease to exist. Both men had to make tough decisions as leaders and then had to deal with the blow back from the people who did not agree or thought that they're decision was wrong. They made the decision to keep people or to send them home. They had to make the decision of who was right person to send to war.

10. George O'Malley and Philip Hamilton

These two young men are some of my favorites from both shows. I harbor a special place of love for them both in my heart, as do most people who have seen the shows. They were both smart and funny and well educated. They were passionate about the things they believed in. They were both taken from the world much too soon.

11. Mark Sloan and Hercules Mulligan

I think where this comparison begins is the good looks that both men possessed. Both of these men were people you wanted with you when you went to battle or really when you were up against any fight in your life. They were constantly trying to prove themselves, to better themselves. Also, it appears that they were quite the ladies men, but don't just take my word for it.

12. Derek Shepherd and King George III

This is a comparison that almost pains me to write because I adore Shepherd so much. The King and Shepherd are alike in the ways that they think. King George believed no one would rule the people of America better than he could and that they would fail trying. In the same way, Derek Shepherd believed he was the only good neurosurgeon and that no one else even compared to him. In reality, both men were wrong but they're fantastic to watch.

13. Alex Karev and Marquis de Lafayette

Oh, these two men make my heart sing. Karev and Lafayette really are good guys if you wanna get down to it. I mean, they come in a huge sticky ball of nothing but drama and possibly heartache but they don't stop fighting for what they want once they start.

14. Preston Burke and Aaron Burr

We can sum this one up real quick. They're both jerks. No, seriously, I'm not even sure why their roles were as important as what they were. They leave destruction in their wake. They're like hurricanes that come in tearing everything apart and leaving with a devilish grin.