Sorting "Stranger Things" Characters Into Hogwarts Houses, Part 2

Sorting even more "Stranger" characters!

2332

Back by popular demand, as a continuation for "If 'Stranger Things' Characters Got Into Hogwarts Houses" where I sorted Will, Lucas, Dustin, Mike, and Eleven into their perspective houses, I thought it would be fun to sort out a few more characters.

"Mad" Max is a Gryffindor.

I know, maybe this seems a bit too obvious keeping in mind Max's striking resemblance to the members of the Weasley family (red hair, hand-me-down clothes, freckles, etc) but, hear me out. When Max is first introduced to the "Stranger" gang, she's incredibly guarded and only starts to warm up to the boys on Halloween when she jumps out at them wearing a Mike Meyers mask.

I did debate sorting her into Ravenclaw, given her talent for arcade games and skepticism on the existence of the Upside Down, but considering the daily emotional abuse and threats of physical violence she suffers at the hands of her stepbrother, I decided that Max's strongest trait is her bravery and total willingness to be included when it comes to helping her friends, making her a true Gryffindor.

Joyce Byers is a Hufflepuff.

Joyce is one of my favorite characters in the series and I knew I had to do her justice by sorting her into the right house. In the first season, even before her son, Will, goes missing, it is no secret that the people of Hawkins see Joyce as a bit odd. Especially when she starts claiming that she can talk to Will through Christmas lights and refuses to believe that her son is dead, everyone in Hawkins is convinced that Joyce has finally gone completely insane.

Joyce, of course, could not care less and will stop at nothing in order to protect her family. She is also incredibly empathetic, as when Eleven agrees to help her find Will, Joyce does not simply "use" El for her abilities; instead, she comforts her and holds her telling Eleven over and over again, "You did so good, honey." Just like her son, Joyce is a loyal and compassionate presence on the show placing her in Hufflepuff.

Chief Hopper is a Gryffindor.

Although he initially comes across as a bit of a "has-been city cop" who is simply content to do the absolute minimum to keep the normally quiet town of Hawkins as peaceful as possible, there is more to Chief Hopper than meets the eye. While investigating the case of Will Byers' disappearance, Hopper quickly begins to realize that everything is not what it seems and is not content to allow the state police to do all the "work." Instead, Hopper, sometimes recklessly, continues his investigations paying no mind whatsoever to his own safety. If anyone gets in his way he impulsively delivers them a swift punch to the face and continues with his work in a true Gryffindor fashion.

Nancy Wheeler is a Ravenclaw.

Although she is not my most favorite character, Nancy actually gave me some Hermione Granger vibes with her immediate dedication to her studies and, to put it plainly, her lack of tolerance for bullsh*t. For Nancy, logic always comes first, in that she prioritizes what she needs to do by necessity like only a true Ravenclaw would. Talk to Jonathan Byers before his brother goes missing? No way. Express sympathy to him after Will's disappearance? Sure thing. Go monster hunting after one kid disappears? Hell no. Venture into a parallel universe to defeat the Demogorgon after seeing for herself that it may have dragged her best friend there with it? Absolutely.

Steve Harrington... has yet to be determined.

To sort Steve into his correct Hogwarts house, I'm going to ask for a little bit of reader participation. I've narrowed it down to Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, but Steve demonstrates so many traits that could easily place him into either one, I couldn't quite definitively say if he's in one or the other. Maybe that is, in fact, the beauty of Steve's character. From season 1 to season 2 we see him transform from a fairly one-dimensional, typical high school heartthrob athlete to someone who is not afraid to be emotionally vulnerable and help out a group of middle schoolers, even if that means putting his own life at risk for the sake of their safety.

(Any and all comments/concerns/suggestions as to which house he belongs in though are greatly appreciated).