If Obama Were Like Trump

If Obama Were Like Trump

How would America react to President Obama had he acted and behaved in the same manner of President-Elect Trump?

33
If Obama Were Like Trump
Rolling Stone

In today’s realm of politics, one can only imagine how Donald Trump has been able to get away with everything he has said or done (so far). He bashes the disabled, discriminates against ethnicities & religious groups, sexually assaults women, and appears to never know what he is talking about. But it does not matter; people love the fact that he is not a politician, that he does not think before he speaks, and that he is an arrogant and wealthy businessman. In other words, they love that he is unqualified for the position, and that he is proud of it. The question I want to ask is if President Obama could get away with anything Trump has done these past years. Would we be calling President Obama "President" if he had said he was going to ban Muslims, mocked a disabled reporter in the middle of a speech, called Mexicans rapists, bragged about grabbing women by their private parts without consent, or wife was an immigrant who models for adult magazines and plagiarizes speeches from other first ladies?

The answer is an obvious and resounding "no". This is the same man that people hate for starting Obamacare, a program that has given millions affordable healthcare in America. The same man who has the cleanest resume of any presidential candidate we have ever seen--with Harvard and Columbia degrees. The same man who has been a symbol of unity for America and countries around the world. But people still can find a way to call him the worst President we have had. They hate him because they cannot attack his character or credibility. But for people to give their support to a man who is the most UNQUALIFIED candidate we have ever seen and then bash a man who has given his all for America tells me one thing.

President Obama could have removed all the national debt, removed all poverty, and ended all crime in America--and it would not have mattered. In the eyes of many in America, no matter how much good he does, or how many Brooks Brothers suits he wears, he will never be enough in their eyes. It eats people alive to see a black man in the White House, a man whose ancestors were once considered property, a man who, historically, was not even allowed to be taught to read in America to now being in the elected to the highest office in the nation.

Now, let us imagine if President Obama was not the clean and honorable man we know him to be and he was more like the Republican candidate we now have. Would he become President? Would he win the primaries? Would he even be considered a real candidate? No, no, no.

First, they would claim he is ignorant by the way he talks to people and how he answers questions.

Secondly, they would say he is just another black man with a baby mama, and that his wife is unfit to even step foot into the White House.

Third, they would say he is clearly unqualified and mentally unfit for the presidency because of his quick temper and lack of political experience.

Last of all, they would tell Obama not to worry about politics and to worry about staying away from the police. Tell me this is not true: FOX News would eat Obama alive.

So, for those who believe that white privilege is a myth, look no further than at the results of our now historic election. A black man with no political experience, a black man with no regard for respect, a black man with no lick of sense would be considered a menace to society--nothing close to "president" material. However, a white man with no political experience, no regard for respect, and no lick of sense is all of a sudden "presidential"? This is the America we live in today. Parents, show your kids that literally anything is possible! You can win the highest office in the land without any experience, morale, or comprehension of what to do in office. That is if you are fortunate enough to be white in America. *Drops mic*.

Stay woke, people: your life depends on it.