If I Had One Million Dollars

If I Had One Million Dollars

What would you do if you won a million dollars?

430
If I Had One Million Dollars
Flickr.com

It's a snow day, and I'm incredibly bored and I have a daily writing prompt journal that I've been writing in today. One of the questions was "if you won a million dollars, what would you buy first?" So I decided to write a list of what I'd buy and in the order I'd buy them. This will come in handy later when I win a million dollars!

1. Pay off my debt.

I'd pay off my car, my credit card debt, and all of my school debt. Yes, I want to help others, but I need to make sure all my stuff is taken care of before I help them!

2. Pay off my parent's debt.

My parents have done so much for me in my life time so theres no question about paying off all their debt and making sure they're set.

3. Pay off my sister's debt.

I'd pay off her car and make sure I set money aside for her to finish college!

4. Buy my dream car.

That all white, 4 door, hard top, Jeep Wrangler is calling my name and I deserve it.

5. Buy my Dad his dream car/truck.

My dad has had a lot of different pick up trucks in my life time (well, 3) but he deserves the best of the best!

6. Take care of my Grandparents.

All four of my Grandparents are retired and in (or almost in) their early 80's. They have been my biggest fans my entire life, so I would absolutely make sure that I have money for them if they need it.

7. Take a Trip.

I'd pay for a super nice family trip somewhere! It'd be so fun to travel for a week or two without financial limitations!

8. Donate and give back.

I'd find a cause or charity that I really liked and donate a significant amount of money. Or I'd find a local youth sports league or high school and pay for all new equipment or uniforms or anything they needed.

9. Buy my dream house.

I'd find a house that I love, that's on the water with a big yard and I'd decorate it or fix it up! I'm not opposed to a fixer upper, just something that I love and will want to spend the rest of my life there.

10. Buy vacation properties.

I'd love to buy a small cabin somewhere on a lake in the woods. I'd also love to buy property in Wilmington, NC in the downtown area. I'd also love to buy a beach house somewhere. None of these need to be huge or luxurious, just with enough room for me and a few others!

11. Buy an RV.

Doesn't have to be expensive or big just something that I could use to travel around the United States with.

12. Make sure my friends and other family members are financially stable.

I have a few really close friends that I'd want to make sure are okay and as well as some of my family!

13. Buy the rest of my dream vehicles.

An old Ford Bronco, a two door soft top jeep, a small pick up truck. All super inexpensive just fun to drive!

14. Invest money.

Not sure where I'd invest my money. Probably just sticking with buying and renting property.

15. Concert Tickets.

I go to a lot of concerts. So I would definitely go all out with the shows.

Of course there are so many things to do when you win a million dollars but these are the first things that come to mind for me! I'll probably never have a million dollars, but its fun to dream, right?