No, I Don't Really Know What I'm Doing With My Life Yet

I'm going to succeed in time.
109

College is rough. This part of your life truly tests your decision making, your time management, and your diligence. It is sometimes a struggle to find balance and peace. I know this as a first-hand fact. When you have so many ideas of what you could be good at, but no true "plan," you can oftentimes feel lost. I know I do.

Feeling lost isn't the worst thing that can happen when you're figuring out what you want to do in life: it's actually very normal. But, it is hard to get out of such a clouded mindset. I still have no clue what I truly want to do in my career, all I have are a few options and a steady major that will point me in the right direction to achieve those goals. However, feeling lost in this way can seem like a huge thing to you -- I know most of the time I feel like a failure for not being sure of what my exact goals are.

You are not a failure. You are paving the way to your future.

So what? You're a sophomore in college and you still don't know exactly what you're going to pick for your career? It's okay. Take all the little steps to do what you're thinking about and later on the pieces will fall into place. Try not to stress too much about this: it's literally what you're here for. Talk to advisors, mentors, professors, everyone around that's ready to give you advice and help you along your journey to success.

You have so many resources at your fingertips in college that you could take on the world. Take advantage of the things you have in front of you so you can make the most of your college experience while figuring out what you want to do with your life.

It's definitely not going to be easy, and you're definitely going to struggle along the way, but stay the course. You'll get there eventually, and you'll be glad you perservered.

So no, I really don't know what I'm doing with my life yet, but I'm determined to figure it out in time.